Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help Needed! Homes Wanted for Pups!

Urgent Help Needed! Homes Wanted for Pups!

Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:13 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent Help Needed! Homes Wanted for Pups!

Here's the situation everybody.....in the course of trying to find a Winter shelter for Dylan the mad donkey, I've come across three little pups that need a home asap.

There's actually four of them, but one of them is now spoken for. So that leaves two little girls, and one little boy who need your help.

They're only a couple of weeks old, and their mother is a lovely temperament small to medium sized dog. Father unknown as usual.

They're in Huescar, Granada.....but don't let distance put you off. Some how, some way, we could arrange something.

If you think you can help these little pups, or you know somebody who can......please get in touch asap.

Thanks everybody!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help Needed! Homes Wanted for Pups!

Hello you!

You seem to be a magnet for strays and waifs!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:28 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jon.....how's it going?

I've been flattened by another dose of flu, while being snowed under with work. So it's taken me twice the time to do half the work.

Then my boy got laid off from the restaurant job along with a few others.....he got ripped off though....€300 for 160 hours work.

And we've been frantically looking for a new place to keep Dylan.....cos time was running out before Winter arrived. Cos the old stable he had last Winter has now been demolished, and donkeys have to have shelter in the Winter.
Anyway, after nearly 18 months at our friend's house, he's moving. We're walking him from one side of town to the other this Saturday afternoon when the roads are quiet.

It hasn't been easy finding him a place, but after months of searching we've got him his very own cave! A bloody big cave too.....40 foot in length.....and right inside the hill itself.

It's all fenced in for him now, and the whole area is in a secure compound owned by a Spanish builder that I know. And it's only five minutes down the road from us too! In fact, it's about 100 yards from Karen's place, so she's his nearest human neighbour.

Now it doesn't matter if the temperatures drop to -10 degrees outside.....cos at the back of the cave it will stay a permanent 16-18 degrees.

However....he's got some unusual neighbours in the very next cave.....a family of boar!

They're friendly enough....but they really don't smell too good!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent

Sorry about your son being ripped off
Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Pete!

I was wondering where you'd got to

Sorry to hear you've been poorly; and also very sorry to hear that your son got ripped off - that's rotten

It's great news that you've found the cave for Dylan; it looks and sounds great..............plenty of "kicking" room for him, eh!?

Those puppies look absolutely adorable
What a shame we're not in a position to have one though. A friend of mine has an adorable puppy that needs a home, and our dog adores him - but our situation just won't allow us to have another dog
I do hope you find good homes for them soon.

You're a good man
Is your surname Doolittle? (even though you do a lot!)

Take good care. Hope you'll soon be feeling fighting fit again, and will be back on here to share your stories of life in Andalucia.
All the very best,
Sam.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:29 pm
Mucho Macho

Hi Sam....nice to hear from you! Always a difficult situation when you come across little pups like this, and we're all in the same boat trying to find homes for them.
We checked them out today and it's 3 girls and a boy apparently.....the boy will have a home to go to, it's just the girls we need to find homes for. So if any of you reading this visit other forums, then I'd be grateful if you could link this thread and you never know, we may get lucky!
As for Dylan, he's settling in well. If we can find another rescue donkey (hopefully female) then he'll be happy cos donkeys do need company, and where he was before he had a Welsh pit pony for a companion. We didn't want to split them, but now the stable has been demolished we had no other option.....cos donkeys can't cope with winter in the open.
Anyway....here he is in his new cave having a light lunch!

Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, bless him - he looks really happy and at home
Yes, it would be lovely for Dylan to have some company if you can find a nice "lady" for him.
Where has the Welsh pit pony gone then, if the stable has been demolished?

It's a very good idea to link this thread to other forums, if people can do that. As you say, with a bit of luck, homes will be found for the female puppies. I've got my fingers crossed.
I take it there's not a rescue centre nearby that you could take them to??
Oh hang on, let me guess.....................you are the local rescue centre!!?

Give Dylan a pat from me.
Take care, and it's really nice to have you back on here
Sam.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:34 pm
Mucho Macho

Hi Sam!

The Welsh pit pony is a bit hardier so he can cope with the conditions, and he does have a little shelter, so he's staying on the owner's land.

Rescue centre? Nothing around here really, which is a pity. But like where you are, it's pretty much rural inland Spain here, and as you know, attitudes are different.

So I'm between a rock and a hard place really.....with five dogs (two of which are rescues) we can't take any more. But then I find it impossible to walk away from situations like this......so I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I hope to be on a bit more often but at the moment I'm snowed under with website work....yes, more estate agents!

However, for the first time for three weeks I managed to get an hour or two on the bike last Sunday!

So here it is....the obligatory bike photo!

Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Pete. Glad to hear you are busy and haven't just deserted us. And best of luck with rehoming the pups.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:34 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by montgomail
Hello Pete. Glad to hear you are busy and haven't just deserted us. And best of luck with rehoming the pups.
Hi Jules....how you doing?

And yes I've been seriously busy over the course of the last week or two!

In that time THREE more estate agent sites have been rolled out....and I've still got one more to do before the weekend!

And today I had a meeting with a new client and got the go ahead from her for a site!

And no....it's not an Estate Agent either! Thank god! It's a "Ladies" shop!

It's a dirty job.....but somebody's got to do it!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:44 pm
Mucho Macho

Just giving this one a bump!

The pups are doing well and now up and about a bit!

But we still need to find homes for them!

Can you help?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:57 am
Mucho Macho

Another bump for the pups!
They're now about 6 weeks old and have grown a lot since the original photos! So I'm going to try and get some updated ones later!
They've all got very different personalities, and they've got to know and trust us now because we go to their cave twice a day to feed and water them.
If we didn't have 5 dogs, a duck, and a donkey we'd take them.....cos in spite of trying not to get emotionally attached to them (because we don't know what's going to happen to them)....you can't help but fall for them.
So ask around everybody you know, put the link on other sites etc.
Anything you can do to help is much appreciated by us.....and the pups!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya Pete

You are doing such a great job with those poor little pups.
I know you want homes for them - and not gratitude - and I so wish I could do something to help you and them out

Is there not a re-homing place in your area?

We are seeing several abandoned hunting dogs in our area at the moment.
Poor things are scavenging for any scraps of food they can get, and we have a supply of sausages on hand for any that will come near enough, for long enough.
I dread to think what kind of life they've had

The churrero in our village has just rescued one, and says she's already really attached to him - so at least there's one happy story
He's already got 4 dogs at his place in the campo; but I saw this poor thin little scrap, all curled up warmly on the front seat of his van, in pride of place!
Bless her, she's landed on her paws, and is even allowed to live in their house!

The very best of luck with those pups Pete.
It must be impossible not to get attached to them
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:03 pm
Mucho Macho

Hi Sam....nice to hear from you again!

And here's some photos of the pups taken a couple of hours ago!

And this one has got their mother in the background!

And here's Dylan having a snack on the patio of his palatial cave!

And the good news is there's a possibility we've now found homes for two of them!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya Pete

Aaawwwww! They're such cute puppies...............and boy, haven't they grown!?

Great news that you might have found homes for two of them; I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for them.

That one with the white face in the foreground, looks like it either gets most of the food.................or, it's got "puppy delight" (a belly full of worms!! )

And what's that stuff shining on the ground????
Oh yes, it's SUN!!
We've been shrouded in fog and low cloud for pretty much the whole week here

Hope you're going to be getting a bit of a break this Puente?
All work and no biking makes Pete a grumpy boy!!

Take good care, and please keep us posted as to the welfare of those gorgeous pups (and the equally gorgeous and very regal Dylan!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.