Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

urgent advice needed about sevilliana

urgent advice needed about sevilliana

Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

lost in spain will become famous soon enough
Default urgent advice needed about sevilliana

Does anyone know what sevilliana's policy is when they find out you are illegally taking electricity? Do they fine you, cut you off, or send you to a dark a dreary dungeon for ever more.

Has anyone experienced this situation before. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:10 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice
Default Re: urgent advice needed about sevilliana

Originally Posted by lost in spain
Does anyone know what sevilliana's policy is when they find out you are illegally taking electricity? Do they fine you, cut you off, or send you to a dark a dreary dungeon for ever more.

Has anyone experienced this situation before. Thanks in advance for any replies.
All these mentioned and more,have you been cut of yet.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

No, its friends of ours, they have a legal meter but have been bypassing this at night and cutting sevillana out of the equation this way. What action can they expect from the company.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No, its friends of ours, they have a legal meter but have been bypassing this at night and cutting sevillana out of the equation this way. What action can they expect from the company.
Old thread HERE
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Well I just read that thread, that is horrific.

I guess I should tell my friends to pack up and move!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I am absolutely dumbfounded - there are so many people on this site(myself included) who have fought hard for the privelidge of getting a legal meter!! I wouldn't dream of bypassing it
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:56 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by dazzle
I am absolutely dumbfounded - there are so many people on this site(myself included) who have fought hard for the privelidge of getting a legal meter!! I wouldn't dream of bypassing it
I am glad you replied to that one dazzle,thiefs,just thiefs,a part from the fact its dangerous,its just greed i hope they are made an example of.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:08 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
I am glad you replied to that one dazzle,thiefs,just thiefs,a part from the fact its dangerous,its just greed i hope they are made an example of.
Do you know something Douglas Jack, I thought I would never have to say this but for the 2nd time I find my self agreeing with you (1st time was in English Butcher Thread) people like this just give decent ex pats a bad name and we are sadly by some all tarred with the same brush. Any one found to be cheating the system, in any country should pay for their crime.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they lose their meter as someone else said there are people desperate to have legal electricity.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Cor !!!
Has that touched a raw nerve or what....totally agree with you all wot a liberty....:curse: :curse: :curse:
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:50 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

It's theft and it really p****s me off that people can stoop so low as to do this. :curse: We have to pay for any electricity we use, so what makes them so special? Can't they afford to pay the bills?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:59 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jjh
It's theft and it really p****s me off that people can stoop so low as to do this. :curse: We have to pay for any electricity we use, so what makes them so special? Can't they afford to pay the bills?

I think here in Chiclana it is something that people have always done and they see no wrong in it. We went to look at a house owned buy a wealthy Spanish business man, he was asking well over 300,000 euros for this 4 bedroom house that was in great need of a face lifted in fact to the tune of 60,000 euros, but the thing that shock us was he was very open about the fact that the house had no metre but not to worry as the house was connected up to the electric cable that run along the street, everyone in the area did this it was just done so what!

We mad a hasty retreat and decided that we would stay in our little chalet with it's legal electricity thank you very much.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

If the electricity company discovers this illegal connection the meter will be removed, no questions, the owners will be fined and perhaps even suffer court action. In addition to this it is likely they will be denounced and as such the property will never be able to contract a meter again. Not really worth it for saving a few €'s ??
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:28 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Do you know something Douglas Jack, I thought I would never have to say this but for the 2nd time I find my self agreeing with you (1st time was in English Butcher Thread) people like this just give decent ex pats a bad name and we are sadly by some all tarred with the same brush. Any one found to be cheating the system, in any country should pay for their crime.
Do you know something else Douglas Jack !!

I also agree with Crispygirl and i never thought it would happen to me either
But your are dead right
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Blimey what a can of worms I have opened. Electircity is obviously a tricky subject here.

I agree, its morally wrong to click on and steal electric. But in Malaga city it is the norm and so many people do it. Not that that makes it ok.

In the case of the couple I mentioned its slighty different. They have a problem with the cable that powers there water pump, in rainy weather it shorts the electric supply to the house and they have no power. Its an underground cable, under a farmers land that wont allow it to be dug up. So in winter they are in trouble. They pay there bills to sevilliana, but click on to make an over land connection to power the pump, to fill their water butts, this connection takes about ten to fifteen minutes, then they switch back to legal.

Sevillina have been contacted about this problem in the past but have done nothing.

So they are hardly the Bonnie and Clyde of Spain.

Anyway, we shall see what happens. Nothing is straightfoward here. There are so many things that can go wrong in rural areas.

Anyway, apologies to the good people out there who dream of a legal metre, and good luck in your dealings with sevilliana, who sounds like the name of the villan in an opera to me....