Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

urbanisation question

urbanisation question

Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of
Default urbanisation question

i need quite an urgent answer.
I am a long term tenent and have my landlords written permission to act on his behalf in ALL matters concerning the urbanisation.I have been asked if i would stand as vice president.Is this possible or do i have to be an owner.There seems to be a grey area over this and i cant find this in any constitutional rules.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:20 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urbanisation question

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
I am a long term tenent and have my landlords written permission to act on his behalf in ALL matters concerning the urbanisation.I have been asked if i would stand as vice president.Is this possible or do i have to be an owner.There seems to be a grey area over this and i cant find this in any constitutional rules.
You have to be a resident to be a president, but not sure about other board members but I would assume the same applies.
So I reckon you are out of luck, also a Proxy only lasts for one meeting and has to be registered at each subsequent meeting.

Maybe in HERE

Last edited by jdr; Sep 24th 2009 at 11:22 am.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:56 am
Just Joined

jordan is on a distinguished road

As jdr said you need to be an owner to hold the office of vice-president.
Section 13 of the Commonhold Act 49/1960 is clear

(2) 'The president shall be appointed from among the owners by election or, if this could not be achieved, by rotation or drawing lots'.
(4) 'The existence of vice-presidents shall be optional. They shall be designated by the same procedure set forth for the appointment of the president'.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

A president is just a resident with a p.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

jordan is on a distinguished road

Nevertheless, if nobody challenges your appointment you could become vice president
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordan
Nevertheless, if nobody challenges your appointment you could become vice president
If anything bounces back later, the president could be for it legally though.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
Think seriously about it - it is a thankless task and where I lived previously down south there was always trouble and many of the committee members ended up being ill over the task - but obviously your choice