UPS are sh*t

Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default UPS are sh*t

Don't ever use UPS. To describe them as shit is to say that a kleenex condom might not be 100% safe.

I bought something off ebay from someone in Germany. I won the bid, she takes my address and agrees to send it off to me. I wait, nothing happens. The packet, after winging its way to spain, is returned to germany. Reason? Incomplete address.

She resends it to me, and it ends up a second time in Spain, and they say that they will have to send it back, saying that the address is insufficient. She sends me their phone number, I call them, explain my address to them, and a detailed, step by step account of how to find me in the complicated web of roadworks that is our tiny, straight, one street hamlet.

On the day set aside for the packet to be delivered, I get a phone call from the driver who is at the end of the road and can't find me. I repeat the description, and she finds me. Turns out that they didn't bother to give the driver my instructions. Best of all, when I look at the packet, the MORONS, the brainless ****wits that take the package have taken my package with its carefully written label, which has my name, my house name, my postbox number (that's in case it comes via post and the postman is delivering it,) the street name, the village name, the postal town, the region and the country, and covered it with a label that says my name, my PO box number, and nothing else.

Now I ask you. How much of a retard would you need to be to figure that all you needed to do to get a package to someone in a large country was their name and post box number.

How bad is that?

It gets better. Since then I tell people to send me stuff by post, not courier, because post gets here with no problem.

Somehow, two more packets are now trapped in the godforsaken, useless mess they call a delivery system, and with their addresses covered with the usless courier labels.

UPS are shit. They are more shit than shit. They are so shit, that if you created a pile of all the shit passed in all the universe since its creation, and then put UPS next to it, people would look at UPS and say, "What a pile of shit."
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UPS are sh*t

They have done exactly this to us, awaiting a car spare part, they sent it back with same reason.100% agree
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:59 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
They have done exactly this to us, awaiting a car spare part, they sent it back with same reason.100% agree
How do you run a business like that? The drivers don't have a bloody Tom tom for goodness sake.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Don't ever use UPS. To describe them as shit is to say that a kleenex condom might not be 100% safe.

I bought something off ebay from someone in Germany. I won the bid, she takes my address and agrees to send it off to me. I wait, nothing happens. The packet, after winging its way to spain, is returned to germany. Reason? Incomplete address.

She resends it to me, and it ends up a second time in Spain, and they say that they will have to send it back, saying that the address is insufficient. She sends me their phone number, I call them, explain my address to them, and a detailed, step by step account of how to find me in the complicated web of roadworks that is our tiny, straight, one street hamlet.

On the day set aside for the packet to be delivered, I get a phone call from the driver who is at the end of the road and can't find me. I repeat the description, and she finds me. Turns out that they didn't bother to give the driver my instructions. Best of all, when I look at the packet, the MORONS, the brainless ****wits that take the package have taken my package with its carefully written label, which has my name, my house name, my postbox number (that's in case it comes via post and the postman is delivering it,) the street name, the village name, the postal town, the region and the country, and covered it with a label that says my name, my PO box number, and nothing else.

Now I ask you. How much of a retard would you need to be to figure that all you needed to do to get a package to someone in a large country was their name and post box number.

How bad is that?

It gets better. Since then I tell people to send me stuff by post, not courier, because post gets here with no problem.

Somehow, two more packets are now trapped in the godforsaken, useless mess they call a delivery system, and with their addresses covered with the usless courier labels.

UPS are shit. They are more shit than shit. They are so shit, that if you created a pile of all the shit passed in all the universe since its creation, and then put UPS next to it, people would look at UPS and say, "What a pile of shit."
So you wouldn't recommend them then ?

Sorry couldn't resist
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Don't ever use UPS. To describe them as shit is to say that a kleenex condom might not be 100% safe

Like that analogy.

Since then I tell people to send me stuff by post, not courier, because post gets here with no problem
I have to agree with you about the postal service, we have regular parcel deliveries from the postal service and MRW and both have always been spot on.

Graham
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:49 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by busters mum
So you wouldn't recommend them then ?

Sorry couldn't resist
No, I think on balance, I probably wouldn't

Amusing that their initials are

U seless
P ile of
S hit
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:06 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for a most excellent rant.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 8:55 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jimenato
Thank you for a most excellent rant.
Well, there are times when you just have to let it out of your system. Plus, warn others.

Given that if I complain to them, they'll just bin my complaints.....
Old Aug 12th 2011, 11:17 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

UPS have had about 10 emails off me this week to every department I can find to complain to.

I am furious, I ordered a package from Luxembourg early last week and followed the tracking number, the parcel very quickly got into Spain, about 1 and a half hours from my house in fact.

Every day since then it has been rescheduled, the drivers notes say the "consignee will only accept parcel between certain times", every day the next driver has jumped on the bandwagon and said the same thing.

It's down to nothing other than Laziness they just can't be bothered to deliver it, and because they know they can get away with it so easily, it's probably why it continues. This is not the first time for me to have the very same problem with them, the driver usually say's " No answer at such a time", these lies make the situation far worse, it makes me even more furious.

Not had any replies from them yet, they obviously don't give a damn.

I got my parcel eventually. I would say, it's best avoid them if you can, the post is a far superior service.

Last edited by anonimouse; Aug 12th 2011 at 11:24 am.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 11:22 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by anonimouse
UPS have had about 10 emails off me this week to every department I can find to complain to.

I am furious, I ordered a package from Luxembourg early last week and followed the tracking number, the parcel very quickly got into Spain, about 1 and a half hours from my house in fact, and every day since then it has been rescheduled, the drivers notes says the "consignee will only accept parcel between certain times", every day the next driver has said the same thing, it's down to nothing other than Laziness and , they just can't be bothered to deliver it, and if they can get away with it so easily it's probably why it continues, this is not the first time for me to have the very same problem with them, the driver usually say's " No answer at such a time", these lies make the situation far worse, it makes me furious.

Not had any replies from them yet, they obviously don't give a damn.

I got my parcel eventually. I would say, it's best avoid them if you can, the post is a far superior service.
Actually, strapping the bloody parcel to a passing snail would be better.

I was just looking at the email I had from them, and something that they had written just stuck me as insane. I would have said funny, but my blood pressure is to high for that.

The post read that they were sending me a postcard to get the information they needed.

That would be OK were it not that they said in the same email, that they were unable to deliver my package, because they didn't have the full/correct address.

I could weep.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly how you feel Bil, but my problem though exactly the same has been with MRW. I'm beginning to wonder if they have the same people working for them as they use the same excuses!
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:34 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by megmet
I know exactly how you feel Bil, but my problem though exactly the same has been with MRW. I'm beginning to wonder if they have the same people working for them as they use the same excuses!
Just tell me. In times of crisis, with jobs falling by the wayside, is this really the way to treat a customer? The driver had to have his arm twisted to drive the last 1/2 kilometer to my house, and when the lazy bastard finally got there he was surly and rude.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Just tell me. In times of crisis, with jobs falling by the wayside, is this really the way to treat a customer? The driver had to have his arm twisted to drive the last 1/2 kilometer to my house, and when the lazy bastard finally got there he was surly and rude.
Exactly my experience with MRW, you'd think they would be happy they still had a job the way things are!
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:43 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by megmet
Exactly my experience with MRW, you'd think they would be happy they still had a job the way things are!
I mean, I know that customer service is a foreign concept here but.....