Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Update on our move

Update on our move

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road
Default Update on our move

Hi guys, just to bring you upto date on our move. We have had a change of plan and have decided not to drive down now for various reasons one being cos apparently the spanish laws have changed regarding uk cars in spain, so not worth the hassle Contacted a carrier Warm Horizons and they arrived today to pick up what we have boxed so far, all 32 boxes and we're only taking personal items , they will come back again the day before we move out of the house and collect the rest. At the moment I can't praise them enough, hope I still say the same when I get the other end We are due to move out the house 11th May, so will be offline for a few weeks till I get my phoneline and internet sorted, so don't kick me off Going to visit hubbys mother for a few days and then will fly out. Got a party organised for this Saturday so we can say goodbye to all our friends and colleagues, looking ofrward to that Been hectic the last few weeks and still got loads more to pack, but hey we have the rest of our lives to get over it
TaRa 4 Now
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update on our move

Wow! How exciting

The very best of wishes to you for your new life

Hope you have a lovely time at your party (guesss there'll be a few tears shed along the way?)

Good luck with all your packing and the removal company.
This means that both you and Lionda will be on your way at the same time, so you'll both be in our thoughts.

Hope you can get your phone line and Internet connected fairly soon, because it will be great to hear how it's all going for you.

Here's to success and happiness

All good wishes,
Sam.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:05 am
Just Joined

tworivers will become famous soon enoughtworivers will become famous soon enough

all the best
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:04 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Good luck to you, hope all goes well with the move and you and your belongings are reunited at the right time and place!
Luv Eve
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:07 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunlover27
Hi guys, just to bring you upto date on our move. We have had a change of plan and have decided not to drive down now for various reasons one being cos apparently the spanish laws have changed regarding uk cars in spain, so not worth the hassle Contacted a carrier Warm Horizons and they arrived today to pick up what we have boxed so far, all 32 boxes and we're only taking personal items , they will come back again the day before we move out of the house and collect the rest. At the moment I can't praise them enough, hope I still say the same when I get the other end We are due to move out the house 11th May, so will be offline for a few weeks till I get my phoneline and internet sorted, so don't kick me off Going to visit hubbys mother for a few days and then will fly out. Got a party organised for this Saturday so we can say goodbye to all our friends and colleagues, looking ofrward to that Been hectic the last few weeks and still got loads more to pack, but hey we have the rest of our lives to get over it
TaRa 4 Now
Good Luck with the move. We are still planning to drive down so I will let you know how the journey went as soon as I can get on line. We are leaving on the 10th May and should be in Spain on the 12th May all being well.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck sunlover, by the way what part of Benalmadena are you going to?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:02 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Safe journey sunlover, wishing you every happiness in your new life. X
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sunlover27
TaRa 4 Now
Our move seems to be getting closer by the day. We were planning on January 2008, then it was down to November 2007 now we are even possibly looking at JUNE 2007. I am excited but getting nervous (not scared though) at the same time.
We are looking at Benalmadena also so maybe see you there.
Best of luck to you.
Peter & Janine
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:55 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Our move seems to be getting closer by the day. We were planning on January 2008, then it was down to November 2007 now we are even possibly looking at JUNE 2007. I am excited but getting nervous (not scared though) at the same time.
Best of luck to you.
Peter & Janine
Hey Peter and Janine, that's great news go for and enjoy, keep us posted.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:06 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Best of luck to you.
Peter & Janine
Hope all goes well for you Scary isn't it when it's so close
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all your good wishes, will keep you posted as long as I have an internet connection, not supposed to cut me till due date but you never know and Mrs JDR we have an apt in Torre San Francisco, opp OK1 restaurant or if you don't know that at the back of the Bali Hotel
TaRa 4 Now