Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Unlocking a mobile Phone?

Unlocking a mobile Phone?

Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice
Default Unlocking a mobile Phone?

Does anybody know how to do this? I have a Samsung E900 which was Daughters and rarely used as she went onto a contract. Now my phone is on the blink and I went to use it with my Sim card (I am on a vodafone contract) but it says invalid sim. I assume this is because it is "locked" to the O2 she bought it from, but I thought it wouldn't be as it was bought outright for a pay as you go use.
I know I can take it to places that unlock them for a charge, just thought I'd ask here first!
need to save all my money to move to Spain
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlocking a mobile Phone?

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
Does anybody know how to do this? I have a Samsung E900 which was Daughters and rarely used as she went onto a contract. Now my phone is on the blink and I went to use it with my Sim card (I am on a vodafone contract) but it says invalid sim. I assume this is because it is "locked" to the O2 she bought it from, but I thought it wouldn't be as it was bought outright for a pay as you go use.
I know I can take it to places that unlock them for a charge, just thought I'd ask here first!
need to save all my money to move to Spain
It may be best to take it to a shop and get it done.

There is a thread here where some people have unlocked theirs, but it is at your own risk.
Scroll half way down page to colinmorris posts
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanie27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

then in the search text put in 'unlocking mobile phones'. Theres a step by step guide on how to do it. As you're saving all you can to move to spain you might find some other useful money saving tips there. There's newsletter you can sign up for too.
Good luck.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

Hi thanks for these, I will look into them now!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

THANKYOU JDR. I am now the proud user of a shiny red Samsung E900! Followed the instructions on your link and hey presto!

Took me days to realise my faulty Samsung's charger actually DID fit this E900...had been trying to put charger into wrong port! Only when I had ordered another from e-bay did I think to try another port
Still it only cost me 4 quid, carphonewarehouse wanted 18!

All I have to do now is unravel all the teenagers mad settings on this phone
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
THANKYOU JDR. I am now the proud user of a shiny red Samsung E900! Followed the instructions on your link and hey presto!

Took me days to realise my faulty Samsung's charger actually DID fit this E900...had been trying to put charger into wrong port! Only when I had ordered another from e-bay did I think to try another port
Still it only cost me 4 quid, carphonewarehouse wanted 18!

All I have to do now is unravel all the teenagers mad settings on this phone
Good one.
My daughter had a v3 on 3 and I had to pay to get thet done, but I still have the code for it if anyone needs it.