Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The United Nations.

The United Nations.

Old May 1st 2011, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The United Nations.

Originally Posted by HBG
Donald Trump being put forward for the presidency of the US.

The people of the US won't vote for that clown, will they?

They would vote for Mickey Mouse if he stood for president, and he would probably be the best one they ever had.
Old May 1st 2011, 5:17 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
They would vote for Mickey Mouse if he stood for president, and he would probably be the best one they ever had.
After Bill Clinton, yeah.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
In any event a mere drop in the ocean compared with his own attrocities
By that reasoning it's ok to kill tens of thousands of Americans in revenge for the attrocities committed by George Bush.
Old May 1st 2011, 9:06 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

The old saying comes to mind "Two wrongs don't make a right"
Old May 1st 2011, 9:45 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by licinius
By that reasoning it's ok to kill tens of thousands of Americans in revenge for the attrocities committed by George Bush.
Sorry,but I find your sense of logic somewhat confusing.

I don't recall saying that it would be ok to kill tens of thousands of Libyans because of Gadaffis attocities.

On the contrary the general idea of the present operation is supposed to be to save Libyan lives, however dropping a big one on top of Gadaffis head may also assist in that aim, regardless of whether or not it was on the agenda.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
On the contrary the general idea of the present operation is supposed to be to save Libyan lives, however dropping a big one on top of Gadaffis head may also assist in that aim, regardless of whether or not it was on the agenda.
Have you learned nothing from Iraq?
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:37 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

You mean that the best place for evil dictators commiting genocide is six foot under.
He was already directly responsible for one war which killed many ppl.and was continuing to wipe out large sections of his own ppl.
The fact that the Americans cocked it up would hardly have been justification for putting a protection order on him or giving him a licence to continue his horrendous deeds.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Haven't you?
Do you not acknowledge the huge differences in the Libyan and Iraq operations? I dont see Allied tropps storming through Libya and taking control of the country.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes. Haven't you?
Do you not acknowledge the huge differences in the Libyan and Iraq operations? I dont see Allied tropps storming through Libya and taking control of the country.
Yet.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Yet.
WMDs were a lie, Gaddafi is real.
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Yet.
I may be niave here, but I think theres more chance of that happening than me winning the lottery
They arent going to do Iraq, Afghanistan and then risk Libya as well.

I suppose from the earlier post you could ask .... didnt they learn anything from Vietnam?
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I may be niave here, but I think theres more chance of that happening than me winning the lottery

I suppose from the earlier post you could ask .... didnt they learn anything from Vietnam?
If there is money to be made on weapons and oil perks then they will go anywhere .
Old May 6th 2011, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the answer to that one is....NO
Old May 6th 2011, 11:26 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by megmet
I guess the answer to that one is....NO
I would say the answer is YES, especially as the Yankss have a huge axe to grind with Gadaffi and Co and yet have been very careful to distance themselves from any likely ground operations.
Old May 6th 2011, 3:46 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jdr
If there is money to be made on weapons and oil perks then they will go anywhere .
Are you seriously suggesting that a country would deliberately go to war, simply to help its companies increase arms sales ?
Personally I find that arguement to ludicrous to even consider.

With regard to oil, I'm pleased you mentioned perks, because basically thats all its been and it would require an absolutely massive amount of perks to even begin to compensate for all the other costs and losses as well as loss of life involved, so I would be inclined to rule out that arguement also.

Kuwait got back control of its own oil after Saddam had stolen the lot.
The Iraqi oil income now goes to its ppl. instead of being syphoned of to buy arms and develop weapons, as well as kill off many of his own ppl by a very unpleasant dictator.

In those respects,a positive result,.... but whether the end justified the means is another question entirely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.