Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Unhappy Thread

The Unhappy Thread

Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:50 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Unhappy Thread

I am not unhappy, I am distraught

Its that hot in our house that my computer keeps over heating and cutting out :curse: I dont want to keep the aircon on all day so I have to keep the computer off :curse::curse: So if you dont hear from me for a while, you know the reason!!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Look at the time. LOOK AT THE BLOODY TIME!

Soddin' ankle.

Soddin' pain killers taking ages to kick-in.

Soddin' Heartburn from that Vindaloo.

Soddin' wide awake now:curse:
You will have more than heartburn from that vindaloo when you go to the loo
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:58 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky

Its that hot in our house that my computer keeps over heating and cutting out :curse: I dont want to keep the aircon on all day so I have to keep the computer off :curse::curse: So if you dont hear from me for a while, you know the reason!!!
There is a thread going on on another site regarding that kind of thing.............I will ask the person involved to pop over and advise.

It wont be easy but he may say yes.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There is a thread going on on another site regarding that kind of thing.............I will ask the person involved to pop over and advise.

It wont be easy but he may say yes.
Or you could give me the link
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:48 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

something quite similar yes!! but darker hair and not as big!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Take the case off your computer, 6ish screws at the back.

With a clean unused soft paint brush or a camera lens brush, brush any dust off the components inside very gently. Dust settling on the motherboard etc etc can contribute to overheating. I then used a vacuum to collect dust and crap from the bottom of the case

Buy a desktop fan and position it near to the open side of the pc and leave it on all the time you are using it.

Mine was overheating badly last week, I've done this and you can feel from the back of the pc that the heat has dropped considerably and its working normally now.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:54 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

With a clean unused soft paint brush or a camera lens brush, brush any dust off the components inside very gently. Dust settling on the motherboard etc etc can contribute to overheating. I then used a vacuum to collect dust and crap from the bottom of the case

Buy a desktop fan and position it near to the open side of the pc and leave it on all the time you are using it.

Mine was overheating badly last week, I've done this and you can feel from the back of the pc that the heat has dropped considerably and its working normally now.
Did you clean PC's in your upholstery company?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you clean PC's in your upholstery company?

Yes I used a karcher water spray cleaner .... they came up brilliantly, but regrettably they never ever worked afterwards for some reason. I had to leave the country soon afterwards due to a number of people sueing me

If I knew then what I know now, I would have used a scrubbing brush instead
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:00 am
Straw Man.

Yes I used a karcher water spray cleaner .... they came up brilliantly, but regrettably they never ever worked afterwards for some reason. I had to leave the country soon afterwards due to a number of people sueing me

If I knew then what I know now, I would have used a scrubbing brush instead
or an acid bath?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:47 am

Thanks Mitzy
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:48 am
Straw Man.

Thanks Mitzy
Ignore him, you need saddle soap!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:48 am

Ignore him, you need saddle soap!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:56 am

This is turning out to be an unhappy day

OH painted the spare room yesterday. I am sure he doesnt know what a dust sheet is :curse: For the last hour I have been scrubbing white specks off the bloody floor tiles and I have only done a third And where is OH? Playing golf!!!!

And to top it all OH`s brother phoned last night. I thought they were arriving on Tuesday. Oh no, they arrive tomorrow So today I am Mrs Mop

Oh, and I am typing all this in the dark!!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:01 am
Straw Man.

This is turning out to be an unhappy day

OH painted the spare room yesterday. I am sure he doesnt know what a dust sheet is :curse: For the last hour I have been scrubbing white specks off the bloody floor tiles and I have only done a third And where is OH? Playing golf!!!!

And to top it all OH`s brother phoned last night. I thought they were arriving on Tuesday. Oh no, they arrive tomorrow So today I am Mrs Mop

Oh, and I am typing all this in the dark!!!!!
Pay your leccy bill then woman!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:02 am

Pay your leccy bill then woman!!
Leccy bill lol. Its not that, its so hot here I have all the shutters down. Darent heat it any more in here or my puter will just explode

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.