Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Unfair Spanish tax system for self employed

Unfair Spanish tax system for self employed

Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unfair Spanish tax system for self employed

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes I read something about them not having revealed their policy. Correct me if I am wrong but was it the PP who stopped the sale of the lottery and Airport authorities?
I'm going to have to say something I rarely say on this forum...

I dont know
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:51 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I'm going to have to say something I rarely say on this forum...

I dont know
There is a first time for everything......
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by evamar

He is going to create a Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada with his partner as he doesn't want a Unipersonal one, and get paid as employed under the Seguridad Social system. I think he said that the minimum social capital was 3K euros or so. He will be working like that for the next 12 months to check if the business is really viable as the crisis has badly affected him, and will keep that term to make sure that he can ask for unemployment help if the business is not good enough in the long term.
This has never been the case so unless the rules have changed your friend will find he cannot be an employee of his own Ltd Company (SL) and will have to pay autonomos. Hacienda also exclude immediate family members which is why you will find them on a friends payroll and their rellies on theirs.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:55 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an interesting arrticle - apparently more companies have been formed this year (46,715, up 4.2% over last year), although 13,737 have folded. Hope the new companies have some luck - it's hard going out there.

http://www.cotizalia.com/emprendedor...803-72043.html
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
The PP will most probably be getting in power next month despite not having aired a single policy on how they would solve the economic and unemployment problems. Well actually they have, they want to privatise more state services which will only be bad news imo, especially since I'm sure it will be their friends and family winning the work contracts
As we all know one of the major problems with Spain is the sheer amount of corruption, when MT privatised many of the UK state services it opened up the fiddles and billions of cash made by certain individuals. If Spain followed the same route the mind boggles at the phenomenal amounts that would be made by one means or another.
I could be wrong saying this but surely the amount of corruption happening here must affect the international political and financial standing of Spain for instance do "experts" such as Standard and Poor take it into account when formulating their ratings.

Graham
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:34 pm
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes I read something about them not having revealed their policy. Correct me if I am wrong but was it the PP who stopped the sale of the lottery and Airport authorities?
For what I read, it was due to the bidders having funding problems... we'll see....
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:36 pm
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whitelinen
This has never been the case so unless the rules have changed your friend will find he cannot be an employee of his own Ltd Company (SL) and will have to pay autonomos. Hacienda also exclude immediate family members which is why you will find them on a friends payroll and their rellies on theirs.
Hecha la ley hecha la trampa... friends, exactly.

Anyway, actually now you can create a Sociedad Unipersonal de Responsabilidad Limitada. Not sure if one can work under the SS system though. If not... friends....

Last edited by evamar; Oct 19th 2011 at 6:45 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:38 pm
Spanish, 40

PP, PSOE.... chorizos unos, chorizos los otros...

As the Indignados say: "No hay pan para tanto chorizo"

Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Anyway, actually now you can create a Sociedad Unipersonal de Responsabilidad Limitada. Not sure if one can work under the SS system though.

That type of Ltd Co has been in existence for quite a few years now maybe 5 or more I cant remember.

However, whether anyone is the owner of that type of set up or an SL they cannot be an employee of that company. Directors pay autonomos and thus have no right to unemployment benefit.

To date Spain has no interest in encouraging entrepreneurial types and in my opinion does everything to discourage them.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

That type of Ltd Co has been in existence for quite a few years now maybe 5 or more I cant remember.

However, whether anyone is the owner of that type of set up or an SL they cannot be an employee of that company. Directors pay autonomos and thus have no right to unemployment benefit.

To date Spain has no interest in encouraging entrepreneurial types and in my opinion does everything to discourage them.

Agree 100% with that and now they will really pay the price in the coming years...if not months
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:38 pm
Spanish, 40

I completely agree on that. I guess that the director of a SL will have to be somebody honorific without salary, so that the actual people behind the company can be working under the SS system.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=evamar;9685704 I guess that the director of a SL will have to be somebody honorific without salary, so that the actual people behind the company can be working under the SS system.[/QUOTE]

The director of an sl is the owner or owners and will want a salary or drawing but in Spain is classed as autonomo and not an employee.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:23 pm
Spanish, 40

Yes, no way out. You have to use friends to get a contract under the SS as any relative working with you will also be under autónomos.

Autónomos system is terribly unfair if you are honest, that's why most will defraud as otherwise they don't get back what they pay into the system.

In these times when things are particularly bad they should be willing to facilitate people to create their own work rather than depending on the paro or simply lying in their taxes.

Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:30 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, no way out. You have to use friends to get a contract under the SS as any relative working with you will also be under autónomos.

Autónomos system is terribly unfair if you are honest, that's why most will defraud as otherwise they don't get back what they pay into the system.

In these times when things are particularly bad they should be willing to facilitate people to create their own work rather than depending on the paro or simply lying in their taxes.

Couldn't agree more... having just seen a huge amount of money disappear from my bank account heading for the taxman and my asesoria
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:00 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
Couldn't agree more... having just seen a huge amount of money disappear from my bank account heading for the taxman and my asesoria
Me too - just noticed we've just had hundreds taken unannounced from our bank account. And we are in our first year - we've not (as expected) made any money yet!! I'm right pissed off!! Maybe we'll get it back but I need it now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.