Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Unexpected visitors

Unexpected visitors

Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:06 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unexpected visitors

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Google Jeri Ryan and turn safesearch off....
So that is what you have been doing for the last few months, no wonder you were too busy to bother with us boring Bs on this forum.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:12 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Just hope she has all the other bits and pieces present and correct and doesn't arrive with too much baggage.
Meaning her mother?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:49 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
I believe too but not bothered about bums.

Scientists can be so boring.
Science is boring, but believing in ghosts, angels and crystals is such fun, eh?

Well, they do say stupidity is entertaining to the stupid, but I guess I'll just have to try and guess how entertained you are.

Belief is what you need when there's no proof.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:50 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
ach, here we go.

Are we all going to get tarred with the same brush again?
No, only the stupid and those who fit the stereotype.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
So that is what you have been doing for the last few months, no wonder you were too busy to bother with us boring Bs on this forum.
HA! Nah... this was a last year thing...
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:06 pm
bil
Banned

So I can take it that the ones with no intelligent origin could well have come from BE . ?

To be serious, I did not claim the signals had intelligent origins, and as you say they are believed to have been generated by objects way out in space.

Regarding the probe which was sent out in 72, it's truly amazing it's signals can still be detected all these years later, when it was only designed to operate for five years,so there doesnt appear to be very much out there to attenuate the signal to any great degree.
Well, there is. There's interstellar dust et al, but beyond that there is the radius to surface are ratio.

Imagine the signal as a bubble expanding out from a source, ok? Like a balloon expanding at the speed of light.

If I remember aright, the formula for the surface of a sphere is 4 pi r squared.

In other words, the surface area is many, many times the radius and increases massively as does the radius of the sphere.

Imagine covering the sphere in dots, and then inflating it hugely. When you start, the radius is one, the dots are touching, and you get 1000 dots to the sq inch. The radius doubles, and the surface are increases more than tenfold. Then you are getting 100 dots to the sq inch. Double the radius, and the surface goes to 30 odd times the radius, and the dots drop to about 30 per sq inch.

That's like the signal attenuating. Before you get much bigger, you will be lucky if you have one dot in a sq mile.

We can pickup the signal because we have huge receivers which are pointed at precisely the right bit of sky.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:09 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I was fiddling about with my satellite dish after a storm when I thought I had succeeded in getting a message from aliens. Sadly, when I tuned in the channel, it was Gordon Brown rattling on about boom and bust.

I was on my way out to give the dish a good kicking when my wife reminded me that I had found her Eastenders channel after all.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
I was fiddling about with my satellite dish after a storm when I thought I had succeeded in getting a message from aliens. Sadly, when I tuned in the channel, it was Gordon Brown rattling on about boom and bust.
I was on my way out to give the dish a good kicking when my wife reminded me that I had found her Eastenders channel after all.
titter titter
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:26 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

Strange things happening out there according to today's news.

1, Jesus has been spotted living on Mars.
2, A missing tool bag has been seen floating past Venus
3, A cloud of Alcohol measuring more than 400 billion kms across, has been spotted in space.
4, A jellyfish has been seen in the sky over Norway.

Two of the above are believed accurate,
Two of them illusions.

I'm sure Bill will know the answers.

Oh, by the way, no sign of Gordon Brown and Mandelson up there yet, but we can always live in hope.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:29 pm
bil
Banned

Strange things happening out there according to today's news.

1, Jesus has been spotted living on Mars.
2, A missing tool bag has been seen floating past Venus
3, A cloud of Alcohol measuring more than 400 billion kms across, has been spotted in space.
4, A jellyfish has been seen in the sky over Norway.

Two of the above are believed accurate,
Two of them illusions.

I'm sure Bill will know the answers.

Oh, by the way, no sign of Gordon Brown and Mandelson up there yet, but we can always live in hope.

Hey ho, well the cloud of alcohol is certainly out there, there is an enormous amount of chemicals out there in space, and if there can be rains of fishes, then I don't see why a jellyfish can't get in on the act.

They used to think there was a face on mars, but it turned out just to be an eroded rock formation.

I shudder to think what newspapers you read to get the other two.....
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Hey ho, well the cloud of alcohol is certainly out there, there is an enormous amount of chemicals out there in space, and if there can be rains of fishes, then I don't see why a jellyfish can't get in on the act.

They used to think there was a face on mars, but it turned out just to be an eroded rock formation.

I shudder to think what newspapers you read to get the other two.....
Surprised at you Bill,I thought for sure you'd get them all right.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:39 pm
bil
Banned

Surprised at you Bill,I thought for sure you'd get them all right.
Can't get everything right every time, people would get suspicious.

Was that the toolbag that female astronaut dropped on the space station? I'd assumed it had burnt up on re-entry.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:45 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bil
Can't get everything right every time, people would get suspicious.

Was that the toolbag that female astronaut dropped on the space station? I'd assumed it had burnt up on re-entry.
Yes,typical woman,always leaving something behind and now littering space.

No jellyfish in the sky, not over Norway anyway.

Still no sign of GB, Lord Lucan or Shergar.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:57 pm
bil
Banned

Yes,typical woman,always leaving something behind and now littering space.

No jellyfish in the sky, not over Norway anyway.

Still no sign of GB, Lord Lucan or Shergar.
You do get fish and frogs in the sky.......

GB will be under his bridge, Shergar probably has already been found in tins of catfood, and LL is either holding up a motorway bridge somewhere or living as a beach bum.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:40 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bil
You do get fish and frogs in the sky.......

GB will be under his bridge, Shergar probably has already been found in tins of catfood, and LL is either holding up a motorway bridge somewhere or living as a beach bum.
Jeez,to think of all the millions of pounds the police have wasted trying to solve those mysteries, and you knew the answers all the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.