Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Unemployment benefit from UK when looking for a job in Spain?

Unemployment benefit from UK when looking for a job in Spain?

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:34 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unemployment benefit from UK when looking for a job in Spain?

[QUOTE=chulo;8118605]Even though they pay into the system.

Why then should an O.A.P be given winter fuel benefit designed to support high bills and cold weather in the UK, still be paid whilst living in Spain ?

I don`t see the logic, to me there both a benefit claimed externally of the UK by people who paid into the system, I guess that is how the law views them.

QUOTE]

I think they should stop the winter fuel allowance too if you live abroad. The system isnt right or fair, but you cant always make changes and win elections

Jo xxx
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jojojojojojojojojojojojo;8118791]
Originally Posted by chulo
Even though they pay into the system.

Why then should an O.A.P be given winter fuel benefit designed to support high bills and cold weather in the UK, still be paid whilst living in Spain ?

I don`t see the logic, to me there both a benefit claimed externally of the UK by people who paid into the system, I guess that is how the law views them.

QUOTE]

I think they should stop the winter fuel allowance too if you live abroad. The system isnt right or fair, but you cant always make changes and win elections

Jo xxx
It is a right to claim for any British person 60 years old living in the UK in the September after their birthday to claim.
It is also transferable to any country in the EU.
Even the bloody queen claims it.

PS, it gets just as cold in Spain as the UK.
I can`t claim it cos I left the UK before I was 60, now that is the unfair part.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:18 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jdr;8118840]
Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo

I can`t claim it cos I left the UK before I was 60, now that is the unfair part.
Is it? The right to initially qualifying for the Winter Fuel Allowance is based on residency, like many Benefits including being able to use the NHS and being eligible for a free bus pass.

If you're not resident at the right time then you will not qualify for it. My husband doesn't qualify for it either, despite being 60.

It is nothing to do with how much tax and NI you have paid in the past. (or are still paying).
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So why can`t someone claim JSA for up to 3 months.

If people are unhappy, as they seem to indicate in the posts on here, why should people be able to claim a winter fuel allowance in Spain from the UK and be free from criticism on here.

I guess people have been media brain washed or there claiming and don`t find that wrong.

I`m happy that people claim, the system is OK, so i don`t see why JSA should not be paid to someone seeking work in Spain.
Well, because in certain circumstances they are allowed to. I really dont understand your comparison between people claiming legal allowances and people scamming the system illegally.

[quote=scampicat;8118883]
Originally Posted by jdr

Is it? The right to initially qualifying for the Winter Fuel Allowance is based on residency, like many Benefits including being able to use the NHS and being eligible for a free bus pass.

If you're not resident at the right time then you will not qualify for it. My husband doesn't qualify for it either, despite being 60.
Thats correct, you have to be resident in the UK at a certain time of the year, strangely. I think it's a period in September.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:52 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I really dont understand your comparison between people claiming legal allowances and people scamming the system illegally.
I guess we are in a spot then, I don`t really understand why you don`t.

The point is about JSA for a person seeking work in Spain, it is only payable for 3 months.

I don`t know how someone is scamming, unless you believe every JSA claimant is working whilst claiming.

The JSA payment is max £95.00 ish per week, hardly worth traveling to Spain on a free holiday.

I doubt it is even claimed in any great number.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:05 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

The point is about JSA for a person seeking work in Spain, it is only payable for 3 months.

I don`t know how someone is scamming, unless you believe every JSA claimant is working whilst claiming.

The JSA payment is max £95.00 ish per week, hardly worth traveling to Spain on a free holiday.

Working & claimin? Heaven forbid anyone would ever think about doing that
The difference is these dole dredgers are likely to hear they can claim whilest in Spain on a nice long holiday and work in some greasy spoon bar in Benidorm (for example) for black money and take back loads of cigs to pay for the flight. Can you just imagine them all running over here if this was made public knowledge in The Sun tomorrow?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:14 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Actually no I can`t.

Since the recession struck those so called dole dredgers had jobs.

I`d be careful how you class people, you don`t know what is in stall for you.

Isn`t that stigma from the 90`s.

There are even airline pilots currently claiming JSA in the UK, so nobody really is safe.

And the cost to travel and live in Spain for three months certainly isn`t going to be covered by JSA payments.

I think its time some started engaging grey matter around here before making such dumb remarks.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Actually no I can`t.

There are even airline pilots currently claiming JSA in the UK, so nobody really is safe.

And the cost to travel and live in Spain for three months certainly isn`t going to be covered by JSA payments.

I think its time some started engaging grey matter around here before making such dumb remarks.
Why don`t you open a UK forum, then we can all join and talk about Spain on it.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:05 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Actually no I can`t.

Are you sure that English is your first language??????
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Are you sure that English is your first language??????
I choose to ignore it, but being Spanish, you can get away with it.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:24 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually no I can`t.

CHULO, making a few copy / pastes may make some of your more recent posts more legible but it clearly doesn't make you any more intelligent, credible or mature. I'll return to the thread when you grow up a little and withdraw your name calling!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:49 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy;8118920]Well, because in certain circumstances they are allowed to. I really dont understand your comparison between people claiming legal allowances and people scamming the system illegally.

Originally Posted by scampicat

Thats correct, you have to be resident in the UK at a certain time of the year, strangely. I think it's a period in September.
Quite right , yes it's sometime in September AND you have to be 60 or over.

Next September my husband and I will both be UK resident (almost certainly) and will both qualify - I will be 60 and he will be 61.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:44 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you get that figure

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...rk/DG_10018757
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lionda
£95 ish I believe I wrote.

OMG how to get under people skin when there incapable of discussion.

What was those three items to make Spain better, HMMMMM.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Why don`t you open a UK forum, then we can all join and talk about Spain on it.
We are on a British Expat site, so it can be assumed some debate will involve the UK.

And I am trying to keep to the title of the thread.

There are plenty of UK forums around, no need for a new one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.