Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Underhanded spineless scum

Underhanded spineless scum

Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Underhanded spineless scum

Originally Posted by jackytoo
So are you saying that they are all lying about the 5 hour queues then
No, for Heaven's sake, just that one TV presenter, on one day, was left looking rather silly.

As TV presenters often are, on many other issues besides this one.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
No, for Heaven's sake, just that one TV presenter, on one day, was left looking rather silly.

As TV presenters often are, on many other issues besides this one.
Yesterday afternoon, approx 33 seconds in, was funny, I was watching it live at the time !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKosWhRVd5U

Not relative to this but thought id share it
Old Aug 15th 2013, 7:22 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Too frightened to go to an International Court

http://gbc.gi/news/2237/spanish-asso...ltar-ministers

This is not the first time w8nkers from Spain have tried this tactic.
they would be better off taking on their own friends, relatives and colleagues who approve the faulty documentation that is approved when sanctioning the sale of illegal houses.
An abogado takes an oath to uphold the law - so when did you last hear of one that has been prosecuted for being involved in illegal house sales ??

Any legal action they may try to take in the Spanish courts against Gibraltar and/or its duely elected members is going to be met with the same reaction if they should endeavour to do the same against the Govt of Egypt.
`
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:06 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Am I the only one here who finds this thread title offensive, coming from someone who or something that doesn't live in Spain ?

Has no one else twigged the fact that FREDBARGATE is not a person but the Gibraltar Government Information Services office of spin-doctors that would have put Tony Blair's to shame ?

Two threads about Gibraltar running at the same time ?

Eight or more threads turned towards putting the Gibraltar point of view in the last month?

A slew of links from the office about the 'White List' in one post ?

Yes, Gibraltar for the Gibraltese, but what the ***** is going on in BritishExpats ?

Last edited by notacontrathinker; Aug 15th 2013 at 8:55 pm. Reason: question mark
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:17 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacontrathinker
Am I the only one here who finds this thread title offensive, coming from someone who or something that doesn't live in Spain.
Maybe you are the only one. I don't live in Spain, but lived in Gib for a while, I feel that anything I have to comment on any situation, whether I've lived there or not, I should be allowed to do so.

If you are offended, why not Block the poster?

The title is one persons opinion. If you disagree with the sentiment, the way they express themselves isn't really any of your business.

This is a forum with many different opinions and many people who want to express them. Forums are supposed to be contentious, or at least provoke debate.
I would think that as a thinking person, one should have views on the news wherever in the world it is.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:22 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Maybe you are the only one. I don't live in Spain, but lived in Gib for a while, I feel that anything I have to comment on any situation, whether I've lived there or not, I should be allowed to do so.

If you are offended, why not Block the poster?

The title is one persons opinion. If you disagree with the sentiment, the way they express themselves isn't really any of your business.

This is a forum with many different opinions and many people who want to express them. Forums are supposed to be contentious, or at least provoke debate.
I would think that as a thinking person, one should have views on the news wherever in the world it is.
As long as it is one person.

What I am pointing out is that it is a well co-ordinated PR campaign.

I don't block the poster because I believe in free speech, as long as the organisation behind it declares itself.

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/press-office

And as I can't reiterate enough Gibraltar for the Gibraltese.

Last edited by notacontrathinker; Aug 15th 2013 at 8:27 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:37 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

As long as it is one person.

What I am pointing out is that it is a well co-ordinated PR campaign.
Nothing fresh there then, we've had our own Minister of Spanish Propaganda operating on BE for quite a while now.

Quite entertaining at times, though maybe not always so accurate on the factual side as Fred B.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Nothing fresh there then, we've had our own Minister of Spanish Propaganda operating on BE for quite a while now.

Quite entertaining at times, though maybe not always so accurate on the factual side as Fred B.
I have said in nearly every single post 'Gibraltar for the Gibraltese, not the Spanish', fool.

It's idiots like you who are being fooled by the 'sovereignty smokescreen' to excuse anything illegal that happens in Gibraltar. Criticize Gibraltar and you are unpatriotic and in favour of handing The Rock back.

Can't you see what could happen behind that sort of thinking ?

You're a smart guy DD, work it out for yourself.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Double standards? Spain is trying to shut down Gib's bunkering claiming it is bad for the environment. When did Spain ever worry about the environment? Anyway, from today's paper,
Bunkering brawl as Galicia agrees to refueling at anchor off its coastline
“While Cañete accuses those who practice bunkering at anchor of environmental crimes, his party colleagues allow it in the Ferrol Estuary.”

http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/08/15/...46_172586.html

Last edited by agoreira; Aug 15th 2013 at 9:09 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Ha! just realised, Commonwealth. Its the UK's wealth being spread commonly around other nations! How better off would this country be without supporting places like Belize, India et al.
Spain might also be a lot better off if it ditched it's enclaves in Morocco, what's sauce for the Goose.... or 'people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones'...
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by agoreira
Double standards? Spain is trying to shut down Gib's bunkering claiming it is bad for the environment. When did Spain ever worry about the environment? Anyway, from today's paper,
Bunkering brawl as Galicia agrees to refueling at anchor off its coastline
“While Cañete accuses those who practice bunkering at anchor of environmental crimes, his party colleagues allow it in the Ferrol Estuary.”

http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/08/15/...46_172586.html
Whatever Spain is doing polluting the seas, Gibraltar is transferring fuel oil ship-to-ship with it's pollution risk within a few thousand meters of it's new ecological shellfish reserve/fish preserve/underwater concrete block collection.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I have said in nearly every single post 'Gibraltar for the Gibraltese, not the Spanish', fool.

It's idiots like you who are being fooled by the 'sovereignty smokescreen' to excuse anything illegal that happens in Gibraltar. Criticize Gibraltar and you are unpatriotic and in favour of handing The Rock back.

Can't you see what could happen behind that sort of thinking ?

You're a smart guy DD, work it out for yourself.
First off I would recommend you to refrain from personal insults, I always thought you were better than that, but this is the second time you've proved me wrong.

So you believe illegal actions are occurring in Gib,.......... well I've got news for you, ppl are breaking the law just about everywhere you'd care to mention all the time, so maybe you should start your personal anti-crime campaign a bit closer to home, no shortage of villains there and that's for sure.

As far as Gib is concerned, I would suggest that you are the one who is being fooled by this very obvious Spanish P.R. campaign to try and deflect attention from both the crisis and corruption on a massive scale right through to those at the very top, which knocks any little naughties that may or may not be happening in Gib into a cocked hat.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:51 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Too frightened to go to an International Court

http://gbc.gi/news/2237/spanish-asso...ltar-ministers

This is not the first time w8nkers from Spain have tried this tactic.
Spain is merely acting in its own national interest, which is no more or less than the British are. It doesn't make either party scum.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:52 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one here who finds this thread title offensive, coming from someone who or something that doesn't live in Spain ?

Has no one else twigged the fact that FREDBARGATE is not a person but the Gibraltar Government Information Services office of spin-doctors that would have put Tony Blair's to shame ?

Two threads about Gibraltar running at the same time ?

Eight or more threads turned towards putting the Gibraltar point of view in the last month?

A slew of links from the office about the 'White List' in one post ?

Yes, Gibraltar for the Gibraltese, but what the ***** is going on in BritishExpats ?
How crass, how ridiculous! WTF have you been drinking. On that basis we could question what is your interest or is it a bit of good old british appeasement...you suck
Old Aug 15th 2013, 10:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
First off I would recommend you to refrain from personal insults, I always thought you were better than that, but this is the second time you've proved me wrong.

So you believe illegal actions are occurring in Gib,.......... well I've got news for you, ppl are breaking the law just about everywhere you'd care to mention all the time, so maybe you should start your personal anti-crime campaign a bit closer to home, no shortage of villains there and that's for sure.

As far as Gib is concerned, I would suggest that you are the one who is being fooled by this very obvious Spanish P.R. campaign to try and deflect attention from both the crisis and corruption on a massive scale right through to those at the very top, which knocks any little naughties that may or may not be happening in Gib into a cocked hat.
Fool.

It's not an insult. I meant it in the Court Jester meaning, a much sought after and respected position in ancient history. You have achieved that position in BE, we really couldn't do without you !

When I talk about illegal acts, I'm not talking about pickpocketing in Gibraltar, I'm talking about higher up, the knobheads who thought dumping concrete in the sea was an ecological triumph !

As to being a Spanish Minister for Propaganda, you have actually responded positively, recently, to my defence of the Catalan people, against the Spanish State.

Fool.

His majesty is like a stream of bats piss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.