Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Under 16s causing harm

Under 16s causing harm

Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough
Default Under 16s causing harm

Hi
Does anyone know if there is a law in spain where you can stop a minor being hassled by another minor. For example agressive behaviour, troublemaking and threatning behaviour.
Any advice would be apprecited.
Lynda
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Under 16s causing harm

Originally Posted by lynda32
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a law in spain where you can stop a minor being hassled by another minor. For example agressive behaviour, troublemaking and threatning behaviour.
Any advice would be apprecited.
Lynda
Talk to their parents and if they don't sort the problem, talk to the police. I dunno about individual law but almost all western countries have some kind of law to deal with threats of violence and harassment. It could be difficult to prove though.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Talk to their parents and if they don't sort the problem, talk to the police. I dunno about individual law but almost all western countries have some kind of law to deal with threats of violence and harassment. It could be difficult to prove though.
Thanks so much for your advice. Previously when the child assaulted mine we spoke to the parents who said they would fix it but looks like that is not the case. My next step will be the police. I just wondered how serious the police would take the situation as i know in the uk they would maybe just pass it off as kids having a bicker between themselves. Like you say it is just getting the proof.
Many Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:40 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynda32
Thanks so much for your advice. Previously when the child assaulted mine we spoke to the parents who said they would fix it but looks like that is not the case. My next step will be the police. I just wondered how serious the police would take the situation as i know in the uk they would maybe just pass it off as kids having a bicker between themselves. Like you say it is just getting the proof.
Many Thanks
I´m not sure that it´s a case of the police considering it to be bickering, but rather that their hands are somewhat tied when it comes to prosecuting minors.

Not easy.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

alisonbelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to say that in Spain, in this kind of things, you cannot do too much, unless all the events are happening at school (now is "the last" to put a denounce for this kind of harm). If you go to the parents to speak to them, they will not pay attention, and in most of the cases, they will even be very rude with you. I don't advise to speak to the minors, they will face on you or something worst. Talk to the police, maybe they are not going to do a lot, but if you are persistent, you may be get something. No need to say, that in the meantime be aware of what this minors can do it to your son as a revenge. Sorry for my english, today I don't feel very well to think in another language.
Antoher thing that I'm thinking now, if the event is more serious than normal, besides the police, go to "Servicios Sociales", is a department in the Town Hall. They have a service for minors and can help.
Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Sympathies!!!