Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Uk TV's Take or Leave?

Uk TV's Take or Leave?

Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road
Default Uk TV's Take or Leave?

Apologies if this has been covered before (Which I'm sure it has) But I've searched the threads and can't find any info. Do Uk spec Tv's work on the CDS? I have seen threads where people have been advised to take their sky boxes with them if they wish to watch Sky programs, So i'm assuming that a uk TV would work in this situation - Right or wrong/
But would the TV also work if connected to say an existing Spanish satalite system?
Reason for asking is that we have a couple of good TV's here in the Uk and would like to take them as they wouldn't fetch much here in the UK.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk TV's Take or Leave?

Originally Posted by skippernicky
Apologies if this has been covered before (Which I'm sure it has) But I've searched the threads and can't find any info. Do Uk spec Tv's work on the CDS? I have seen threads where people have been advised to take their sky boxes with them if they wish to watch Sky programs, So i'm assuming that a uk TV would work in this situation - Right or wrong/
But would the TV also work if connected to say an existing Spanish satalite system?
Reason for asking is that we have a couple of good TV's here in the Uk and would like to take them as they wouldn't fetch much here in the UK.
If they are fairly modern they should be OK. Have been sound issues with older TVs when receiving Spanish terrestial TV. The TV will work with SKY, although you'll need a bigger dish. Do a search, its been covered many times on here
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Impey is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not an expert on this subject but a friend of mine has just moved to Spain and taken quite an old tv and has got it working linked up to satellite etc so would advise you to take your 2 TVs. He was told that it would not work but this has not proved to be the case. Good luck with yours.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mitzy and Impey. Thats cleared that up, will take them with us (Plenty of room in the van). As i will be looking for 3 premises out there didn't fancy shelling out on new tele's.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE But would the TV also work if connected to say an existing Spanish satalite system? QUOTE

Our Uk tv in our Uk house works ok connected to the Spanish and all other satellite packages.
Except for some French channels transmitting in secam rather than the normal pal.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by big wheels
QUOTE But would the TV also work if connected to say an existing Spanish satalite system? QUOTE

Our Uk tv in our Uk house works ok connected to the Spanish and all other satellite packages.
Except for some French channels transmitting in secam rather than the normal pal.
The Tv will work ok, if connected to a sky box thru either the RF Connection or the Scart, it will work on any satellite or terrestrial digibox if connected thru scart connectors,
It will not work on Spanish terrestrial TV through Rf as Spanish broadcasters use different sound frequency in the modulation,

Basically it will work on any system that you can connect to using scart lead
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
It will not work on Spanish terrestrial TV through Rf as Spanish broadcasters use different sound frequency in the modulation,

Basically it will work on any system that you can connect to using scart lead

If you really do want Spanish TV then buy a TDT box for less than 50€ which will give you digital Spanish TV connected through the Scart socket.