Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK TV - Can you get Spanish TV on it?

UK TV - Can you get Spanish TV on it?

Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK TV - Can you get Spanish TV on it?

Thinking of taking up Telefonicas offer of tv as well as ADSL and phone. Can I get Spanish tv on it?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

00glenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK TV - Can you get Spanish TV on it?

Our UK TV works fine and gets spanish TV our UK digi box also gets Spanish digital TV just fine

I bought a 40" sony from UK and had it shipped over cos I saved €900 buying from the UK
The sony gets Spanish TV and Spanish digital TV
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 00glenn
Our UK TV works fine and gets spanish TV our UK digi box also gets Spanish digital TV just fine

I bought a 40" sony from UK and had it shipped over cos I saved €900 buying from the UK
How do you get Spanish tv from your UK digi box then?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
How do you get Spanish tv from your UK digi box then?
I just went in to menu and let the box find all the channels, same as the TV just let it auto tune all the channels in
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:27 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Thinking of taking up Telefonicas offer of tv as well as ADSL and phone. Can I get Spanish tv on it?
It lists the channels you get on the telefonica website, I think most of them are spanish.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I wasnt talking about telefonica TV, I just pluged the uk digi box in to see what happened.

I know it picks up normal and digi Spanish TV.

I use SKY TV with freeview card for the basic channels
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry I wasnt talking about telefonica TV, I just pluged the uk digi box in to see what happened.

So all I really need to do is get a Spanish aerial fitted??
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

So all I really need to do is get a Spanish aerial fitted??
I assume you are referring to the Telefonica Imagenio "cable" TV service. To use this you have a set top decoder connected to your ADSL router. This receives a large number of channels down the phone line which are decoded by the set top box.

In addition, the decoder is also a normal TDT (digital terrestrial TV) receiver, so if you plug in a TV aerial you will also get all the available Spanish TDT channels but most of these are also available in the Telefonica package so there would be little point.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:25 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

I just went in to menu and let the box find all the channels, same as the TV just let it auto tune all the channels in

ok whant tell what channels your pick up and how please , thanks
jurdy
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I dont know the channels, just some national Spanish and some local Spanish stations on the old TV

The Spanish digi TV has some good sport on that you would have to pay for on SKY.

I you want Spanish digi TV I would old digi box from UK ebay for a £10 and get a good aerial installed.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:13 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I you want Spanish digi TV I would old digi box from UK ebay for a £10 and get a good aerial installed.
some UK freeview boxes will not work 100% in spain - spain uses channel 69 for some of its channels (ant3, neox etc), but some UK boxes will not scan this freuqency. and i have found that sometimes you are unable to select the alternative languages on spanish TDT - as the UK boxes only look for English, Welsh and Gaelic - where are the TDT options are Eng, Dos, Multi, VO, Undetermined and QAA - which UK boxes cannot select

You can get spanish telly:
via analogue using your aerial (for the next 2 or so year)
via TDT using you aerial (Spain digital service)
via satellite - main terrestrials are pay only at the moment
via telefonica - via a router conentced to settopbox
via p2p / streaming services

i think thats it.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:18 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry I dont know the channels, just some national Spanish and some local Spanish stations on the old TV

The Spanish digi TV has some good sport on that you would have to pay for on SKY.

but i thought you had it and you can name the channels ?
mmmmmmmmmmm what explan this please i smell a cat ?

via analogue using your aerial (for the next 3 2012 cut off date )
via TDT using you aerial (Spain digital service)over 40 canals some with dual audio in english
via satellite - main terrestrials free 19.2 Astra and 30 west hispasat list are TV Canaria sat , Canal Català TV , Canal Club , Andalucía TV , TeleMadrid Sat , TVC Internacional , TV de Galicia Europa , ETB Sat , TVE Internacional *, Canal 24 Horas * TVVI (* hotbird 13 oE) and Cubavisión Internacional
full Digital + price start from E19.95 26.95 31.95 47.95 61.95 and Taquilla football XXX Cine and Series wich are extra cost D+ and all come with dual Audio channels (less home growth show moives and Sports)

Last edited by jurdyr; Jul 15th 2008 at 9:09 pm. Reason: UPDATEING
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:11 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

via analogue using your aerial (for the next 3 2012 cut off date )

via TDT using you aerial (Spain digital service)over 40 canals - does depend on where you live and what is being broadcast from you local transmitter - try www.tdt.es nd put in your postcode

via satellite - the main main terrestrials (TVe1,2 etc) are not free - they are encrypted - and only via subscription to d+ see http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dpastra.html or
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dphispa.html

or uses a skystar pc satellite card with some special software

see http://www.flysat.com/tv-sp.php for free spanish channels on satellite

Last edited by The Guy; Jul 15th 2008 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:15 pm
Banned

la2 free in the west cost off ireland with good weather

if you want to watch TFT out side Spain you can do so with mvisions sat
about 40 channels free have to able to pick up 30west hispasat

Last edited by jurdyr; Jul 15th 2008 at 9:24 pm.