UK tv

Old Dec 1st 2023, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK tv

Originally Posted by bob_day
As an aside is there a teeveeing app for firestick? Initially i got update notifications when starting tvmucho app which i ignored as it was inconvenient times. These stopped a while ago. Yestetday thought I'd do the upgrade but there's no app in the Amazon app store.
I only used a fire stick once when I rented a property. It didn't have on it what I wanted but I managed to sideload onto it what I wanted. I didn't find it as easy as putting apps on an android box but even my limited IT skills I managed to get what I needed. This link outlines procedure for putting teeveeing onto Fire stick
https://teeveeing.com/download/amazon-fire-tv-app/

​​​
​​​​

Last edited by Rosemary; Dec 1st 2023 at 1:17 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Dec 1st 2023, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

jackteet is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your valuable advice. My lack of knowledge doesnt help.
I dont have friends coming over here for some time and if a box was posted to me I would incur the spanish customs lottery.
As I already have a VPN and a firestick I shall try and work with those. A guy on here mentioned Hula which might be worth exploring.
I am most grateful to you all for the fantastic advise.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackteet
Thank you all for your valuable advice. My lack of knowledge doesnt help.
I dont have friends coming over here for some time and if a box was posted to me I would incur the spanish customs lottery.
As I already have a VPN and a firestick I shall try and work with those. A guy on here mentioned Hula which might be worth exploring.
I am most grateful to you all for the fantastic advise.
Stopped using my android box some time, now doing everything tv related on a 4kMax Firestick. Integrates way better into my home cinema setup. Integration with Alexa makes it far more convenient.

Regarding teeveeing on firestick. I contacted their support, which i have to say were very responsive. After brief chat they emailed me the url of their app to sideload.

Ptevious posts have mentioned buffering with teeveeing. Have to say over the last few days it has been bad. So bad infact that I resorted to itvx and iplayer. Tvmucho barely ever buffered.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 8:08 am
Just Joined

kev1n is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bob_day
Stopped using my android box some time, now doing everything tv related on a 4kMax Firestick. Integrates way better into my home cinema setup. Integration with Alexa makes it far more convenient.

Regarding teeveeing on firestick. I contacted their support, which i have to say were very responsive. After brief chat they emailed me the url of their app to sideload.

Ptevious posts have mentioned buffering with teeveeing. Have to say over the last few days it has been bad. So bad infact that I resorted to itvx and iplayer. Tvmucho barely ever buffered.
This is part of a reply I had when I contacted them about buffering!
"Thank you for contacting Teeveeing Customer Support.

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to provide you with an update regarding the ongoing buffering issue you've been experiencing.

Our development team is actively working to address this issue and has been conducting thorough investigations to identify the root cause. While progress is being made, I regret to inform you that we currently do not have a specific timeline for the resolution.

Please be assured that resolving this matter is our top priority, and we understand the frustration it may be causing. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to implement a comprehensive solution."

They then sent me an email asking if I was satisfied with the service!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info. Today Teeveeing is running fine without buffering. I shall continue to monitor it.
Many years ago I used FilmOn but changed to tvmucho due to poor quality. I see they are still running so migh give them another try.
It comes down to me wanting something simple and not too expensive. Hula and Kapang might tick the boxes.
Many people on here have a very wide experience of IT but I do well to turn on my pc.
I would like to thank everyone again for their help.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Another option is to set up SmartDNS on your device, for instance one of those little Apple TV boxes. Then all UK tv apps will run on the Apple TV but all other devices connected to the home router will run on regular (automatic) DNS settings.
Apple TV with a smart DNS works perfectly for me in many countries, I just take the Apple TV with me when we travel.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again for the info, most of which goes very quickly over my head. It must be idiots guide, an app containing uktv channels which I download onto my firestick. Thats it, anything else is just no good
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

You mentioned in a previous comment that you already have a VPN service. I think all you need to do is search online for "how to sideload BBC I player to fire stick , ITV X , channel 4 and My5. Follow the instructions and add each app individually. That will give you all UK main channels. I did that All when we rented an apartment and it worked fine with a vpn. I had o knowledge of firetv stick and managed it. There are some good clear guides for sideloading firetv sticks. As for TV guide I just put the Freeview app on my phone that has a TV guide to see what's on most available channels.
​​
​​​​
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for the reassurances, I shall strart Duckduckgo tomorrow
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jackteet
Thanks very much for the reassurances, I shall strart Duckduckgo tomorrow
Good luck
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 1:15 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
Apple TV with a smart DNS works perfectly for me in many countries, I just take the Apple TV with me when we travel.
Easiest solution I have found as well.

Though a lot of people will use the Firestick to get iptv subscriptions which go beyond just access to BBC/ITV/Channel 4/5 (as in all the "freeview" channels)...
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 8:38 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I could not agree more. I am now on my 4th ATV. it’s the best streaming box by far. The only negative is the price. You can put the Smart DNS settings in the box very easily. If you have other Apple products it’s an obvious choice.
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I could not agree more. I am now on my 4th ATV. it’s the best streaming box by far. The only negative is the price. You can put the Smart DNS settings in the box very easily. If you have other Apple products it’s an obvious choice.
For anyone that uses an IPTV box there is an Apple TV app called Smart STB which works well with most IPTV portals. I ditched my IPTV box a long time ago and run everything through an Apple TV.
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

As I aiready have a firestick it makes sense to stick with that and download spps.