Reload this Page >

uk transfers to spanish banks.

uk transfers to spanish banks.

Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

dougyzf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk transfers to spanish banks.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this matter,currently i have a uk bank account and am moving to spain i have a Unicaja account but i am having problems transfering funds from the uk account to the spanish account via internet/telephone.As they say i have to be at the branch in person to do the transfer.

Can anyone reccomend a bank that can offer online transfers at good rates.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of
Default Re: uk transfers to spanish banks.

Smile or the coop (£8.00) also state or government pensions give much better than any bank.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:05 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dougyzf
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this matter,currently i have a uk bank account and am moving to spain i have a Unicaja account but i am having problems transfering funds from the uk account to the spanish account via internet/telephone.As they say i have to be at the branch in person to do the transfer.

hi
I use hifx dont have any problems to my spanish account . And if have to one off tranfer i just call them miss out £25 fee from the bank longs its under grand .Im with cam in spain n rbs scotland. Dont know about net never try it .
look them up give them a call www.hifx.co.uk
good luck
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

www.sun-pay.com
On line exchange from £ to €
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

With Hifx if you Change/Transfer £5000 or over the rate I have always got is 1.5 cents less than the Pound exchange rate on BBC teletext. The Pound rate is normally about 5 or 6 cents better than the Tourist rate.

Spanish banks generally charge to receive funds from abroad. What I believe Hifx and others do to avoid this is transfer the funds to their own Spanish account before forwarding on to you
Over £5000 there will be no transfer fee and no receiving fee.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:55 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

What you may be alluding to is something to do with money laundering.

Strictly speaking, banks cannot accept international transfers over a certain amount without an explanation from you as to where the money hase come from (sale of house/business etc.).

For us, each time we have transferred large sums of money, we have had to go in, give this explanation and sign a paper, before they would credit our account.

If this is the issue, then maybe this is why you can't do it online.

As I say, this is the legal position but not all banks follow it.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used both HiFx and Travelex for transfers to Solbank, both gave close to the interbank rate and incurred no charges from the bank (a miracle in itself) I find HiFx lost interest in small amounts like £500 and also charged £25.
Travelex are not bothered about the amount and their charge is £10. In both cases I ring them to do the deal, they action over the phone, and then almost instantly confirm by e-mail.
When we move out in October I intend to do a monthly transfer with Travelex to Solbank to cover direct debits etc. but keep the bulk of my pension in the Nationwide and use the Flexaccount for cash.

Last edited by lyric030250; Aug 29th 2008 at 9:05 am. Reason: Added one word for better sense
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:39 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends if you are wanting to shift one or a few lots of money or want the facility to easily shift money back and forward. Citibank are in UK and in Spain and offer free and instant cash movement up to a certain amount per day between any of your different accounts. Thus you can have a UK GBP account, a UK Euro account and a Spanish Euro account and do all transfer between your accounts on-line.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

We use Moneycorp and they've been brilliant. Good rates, £15 fee and all done by phone/fax once you've set up an account. If your spanish bank charges any fee to receive funds (which ours does for amounts over 30K euros) Moneycorp will refund this.

If you are hoping for a particular rate they will advise you on the chances of achieving it in the short or medium term and phone you if & when it gets there. They gave us very good advice when the rate started dropping last autumn and saved us a fortune as a consequence, but of course they don't have a crystal ball.

Rose
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203
I have used both HiFx and Travelex for transfers to Solbank, both gave close to the interbank rate and incurred no charges from the bank (a miracle in itself) I find HiFx lost interest in small amounts like £500 and also charged £25.
Travelex are not bothered about the amount and their charge is £10. In both cases I ring them to do the deal, they action over the phone, and then almost instantly confirm by e-mail.
When we move out in October I intend to do a monthly transfer with Travelex to Solbank to cover direct debits etc. but keep the bulk of my pension in the Nationwide and use the Flexaccount for cash.
www.sun-pay.com do €10 fee and rates normally as good as ITT Moneycorp or HIFX - Plus you can do it all on the internet