Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK to Spain customs clearance documents

UK to Spain customs clearance documents

Old Apr 4th 2021, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Spain customs clearance documents

Originally Posted by Sandm4n
Is there a minimum of driving lessons that I need to take before the test?
Depending on your Spanish (I looked into taking the test last year) will determine how many lessons you will want.

You can do the theory test on your own if you want but signing up to a driving school helps with booklets etc (there is an online school) but as I didn't sign up I can't recommend them. Oh I did a couple of theory practice tests and managed to pass 3 out of 5 (I've been driving since the late 70's) so theory tests are not something Im used to.

Its advisable to learn the routes the examiner will take you on (just like the Uk) as this can help with any language issues as well.

Not sure if the DGT have a list of driving schools but it might be worth checking their site out (its available in English) www.dgt.es
Old Apr 4th 2021, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

I returned to UK in early February from Spain when a whole sheaf of new documentation was required by British Customs because Britain is out of EU so I imagine similar for coming into Spain,My move was done by a legally registered Removals company so perhaps one of them could advise you as they have actually done these jobs & can tell you of their experiencies.To get INTO the UK ,I was even asked to provide my last electricity bill.among a host of other details.On arrival from Santander,British Customs were not aware of the new rules as thought out by the British Govn.except that since we are no longer EU members & have no trade agreement with them,a fee has to be charged.Because of the delay caused to drivers from the Continent over this debacle(one hand not knowing what the other one is doing)my delivery was quite late in arriving at my new home.So take that into account too perhaps when planning your journey.Wasn´t Brexit a great idea & all the chaos can be blamed on Covid.
Old Apr 4th 2021, 5:41 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Spain will know what import rules to apply to people moving from the UK to Spain, they just apply the same rules as they do to everyone else moving from outside the EU.

There's this thread which might be helpful if you haven't found it yet:

Shipping personal goods to Spain
Old Apr 4th 2021, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLC

There's this thread which might be helpful if you haven't found it yet:

Shipping personal goods to Spain
Thanks
Old Apr 5th 2021, 7:57 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IminSpain
Rope and Anchor springs to mind!
Quite! The Brexiteers demonised the EU during the referendum campaign.

They continue to seek solace in this mantra as the UK sinks under Brexit.

Old Apr 6th 2021, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
https://www.expatnetwork.com/customs...s-entry-spain/

Here is a link with a bit of info.

Has been discussed but can be hard to find as threads sometimes wander off the original subject.

Already being an EU national is super as you can stay in Spain forever and a day!
Agree to disagree
Just had a look at the link and it sounds like it's about having items shipped over, I'm in the same boat as Sandman
I'll be driving to Spain, do you know if I need some sort of customs document for my personal belongings that I'll be driving down in a van from the UK?
Btw
I have dual nationality, Italian and British
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 7th 2021, 8:37 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli
Agree to disagree
Just had a look at the link and it sounds like it's about having items shipped over, I'm in the same boat as Sandman
I'll be driving to Spain, do you know if I need some sort of customs document for my personal belongings that I'll be driving down in a van from the UK?
Btw
I have dual nationality, Italian and British
Thanks in advance
Whether you move your belongings yourself or you use a moving company does not change the required documentation.
It's just more complicated when you do the customs clearing yourself.
If I were in your place, I would organise a customs clearance agency both in the UK and the EU that can assist you (with a fee obv.) and that well in advance of the moving date (Months).
Old Apr 10th 2021, 10:24 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

With the approval of the author, here is some inside information concerning customs requirements :

Good luck !
Old Apr 10th 2021, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Just recieved this link from the Spanish consulate so it can be considered as an official source:

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/sta...d_03112016.pdf

Tried to use google translate but still cannot understand all the requirements, is there anyone in here that can translate it so anyone who is interested can know the requirements?

Thanks
Old Apr 10th 2021, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Just recieved this link from the Spanish consulate so it can be considered as an official source:

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/sta...d_03112016.pdf

Tried to use google translate but still cannot understand all the requirements, is there anyone in here that can translate it so anyone who is interested can know the requirements?

Thanks
The page with photo says
pdf GOIERNO DE ESPARA Tax Agency If you move your residence from a non-EU country to Spain (EU Territory) Find out about tax exemptions and exemptions FOR MORE INFORMATION: Awww.agenciatributaria.es • Telephone: (+34) 901 33 55 33
Old Apr 10th 2021, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the second page. It's done from translate not by myself.

E TraslResid_03112016 PDF FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.agenciatributaria.es Telephone: (+34) 901 33 55 33 Transfer of Residence to Spain (Peninsula and Balearic Islands) Goods and effects will be admitted with exemption from import duties and tax exemption personal imported by natural persons who transfer their normal residence to the customs territory of the European Union. For the purposes of applying the corresponding franchise, the following are considered personal property and effects and furniture objects: -Those for the personal use of the interested parties or the needs of their home (effects and furniture objects, clothing home, etc.). - The provisions that correspond to a normal family supply, the domestic animals that can live together in the home, as well as the portable instruments of mechanical or liberal arts necessary for the exercise of the profession of the interested party. In no case must personal property, due to its nature or quantity, have any commercial claim. - Bicycles and motorcycles, motor vehicles for private use and their rowing machines, camping caravans. pleasure boats and private use and tourism planes, also for private use. Goods Included Alcoholic products -Tobacco and tobacco products Commercial means of transport -Materials for professional use other than portable instruments of mechanical or liberal arts Excluded Goods REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OBTAINING THE BENEFIT The personal property must be in the possession of the interested party and, in the case of non-consumable goods, have been used by him in the place of his former normal residence for at least six months before the date on which he ceased to have his residence in the third country of origin. In addition, personal property must be used in the same uses in the place of your new normal residence. Only people who have had their normal residence outside the customs territory of the Community for at least 12 consecutive months may benefit from the exemption. R E FORMALS The import of goods with franchise will be formalized by means of the corresponding import declaration (DUA). Interested parties must submit a request, in writing not subject to an official form, to the Customs where the import is to be carried out, to which they will attach, depending on whether they are national or foreign: - Passport or DNI. Cancellation of the previous residence issued by the Consular office or by the City Councils of Ceuta and Melilla or other means of proof admitted by law in the record of the time that you have resided in the place that caused the withdrawal - Copy of the Residence Card issued the Ministry of the Interior, or where appropriate, a copy of your request. -Registration in the Register of the Spanish Municipality in which you will reside. List of personal effects, with an indication of their approximate value, including the documentation of the car in those cases in which you also want to import with a franchise. The concession of the office with duty and tax exemption will be conditioned to the presentation of the indicated documentation and to the fulfillment of the following conditions and deadlines: - Having resided outside the territory of the Community for a period of no less than TWELVE consecutive MONTHS. - The goods that are intended to be imported free of charge must be used, that is, they have been used by the interested party in the place of their former normal residence for at least six months and will be used for the same uses in the place of your new residence. T The definitive importation of the goods and effects must be carried out within a period of twelve months from the date on which the interested party has established his / her personal residence in the customs territory of the Community. In the case of VAT, this entry refers to the Tentory of application of the Tax-, that is, the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands. As an exception to the previous period, the franchise may also be granted to personal property declared for free circulation before the interested party has established his normal residence in the customs territory of the Community by means of a commitment to effectively establish himself there within a period of six months. . This commitment will be accompanied by a guarantee in the form and for the amount that the corresponding Customs authorities determine. In this case, the goods must be dispatched and leave the Customs premises without prejudice to the fact that they can be entered in private premises and subject to the storage that each company establishes. Term for Importation During a period of twelve months, counted from the date of acceptance. of the declaration for free circulation, the personal property admitted with franchise may not be the object of loans, delivery in an onerous or free title without the customs authorities having been informed of them. If these operations are carried out, it will give rise to the application of import duties to the affected goods, according to the type in force on the date of the loan, delivery in pledge, rental or basis of the value in customs recognized or admitted on the date by the customs authorities. Obligations after importation
Old Apr 11th 2021, 8:05 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've found the right place on the AEAT's website, hope it helps:

Home > The Tax Agency > Customs and Excise Taxes > Customs and Excise Taxes > Customs procedures and administration

You'll need information in the personal ("vehicles" and "reliefs for change of residence" would be the two most important I guess) and general sections.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

planning my move to Spain, I would like to know please what kind of documents do I need to prepare for the Spanish customs in case I’ll decide to move my personal belongings by myself using a one way self drive van service?
I’m an EU national with British residency.

Thanks.
No need for customs clearance for personal items

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEA...a_Aduana.shtml

You'll need information in the personal ("vehicles" and "reliefs for change of residence" would be the two most important I guess) and general sections.

Old Apr 12th 2021, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli
No need for customs clearance for personal items

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEA...a_Aduana.shtml

Thank you.
so besides packing list no other documents needed?
Old Apr 12th 2021, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Thank you.
so besides packing list no other documents needed?
I'm guessing so...
Worst case if they stop me ill show them the link!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.