Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK to Spain by car, with dog

UK to Spain by car, with dog

Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Spain by car, with dog

Originally Posted by jimenato
They are strict at the channel. Once we turned up at the port and there was something not properly entered on the passport. Luckily we had the rest of the paperwork as backup and we were sent to a vet in Calais (at 7pm on a Sunday night!) to get the passport properly updated. There must have been 10 Brits in the queue waiting to see him for the same sort of thing. I was amazed and pleased that he only charged 10 Euros.

BTW the Calais ferries are quite convenient. The dog stays in the car (about an hour and a half) but the good thing is that you are first on and therefore first off. We were sitting having our dinner even before the ferry left port.
Coming back from Sweden via Amsterdam I was an hour late at check in for Ncl.
Lady says sorry I can't quite read the time in your pet passport maybe you need to correct it, nod,nod,wink,wink,and then I'll try checking it again.

Nee bother says I, sorted,....but that was back when the 24/48 hour restriction applied.
Nee bother at all now.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Our vet stamps the passport and leaves the date/time blank so you can fill it in yourself
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cazzy1
Our vet stamps the passport and leaves the date/time blank so you can fill it in yourself

Quite a few of them do incl.most Spanish, but it was a bit different coming out of Sweden.
In any event it matters little now with loads of time to spare.