Reload this Page >

UK Reg Motorcycle Re-Matriculation

UK Reg Motorcycle Re-Matriculation

Old Feb 14th 2016, 11:43 am
Just Joined

kipperman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Reg Motorcycle Re-Matriculation

Hi
Wondering whether to bring an old VFR to Spain and change the plates. Does anybody know what the process is, the cost, or generally whether it's worth doing please?
Old Feb 14th 2016, 12:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Reg Motorcycle Re-Matriculation

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 14th 2016, 12:33 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kipperman
Hi
Wondering whether to bring an old VFR to Spain and change the plates. Does anybody know what the process is, the cost, or generally whether it's worth doing please?
Yes there is plenty of info about changing registration "matriculation" into the search box, same procedure for a bike as well as a car.
The VFR has a flat beam on its headlight (well the 800 has) so that should be ok.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Yes there is plenty of info about changing registration "matriculation" into the search box, same procedure for a bike as well as a car.
The VFR has a flat beam on its headlight (well the 800 has) so that should be ok.
Am I correct in thinking that any vehicle (bike or car) has to be of original spec, even down to tyres, to be able to get it re registered on Spanish plates?

Steve
Old Feb 14th 2016, 2:16 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

no tyres can have a slight change in sizes but these are set out and if you wish to change you can ask at any ITV station.
Changes to the bodywork can also be done but you have to have a certificate of an engineers inspection after the work has been carried out; before you have the vehicle retested. Any modifications has to be undertaking at an approved workshop. That is how rally cars are allowed to have modifications and be allowed on the road.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

I imported my 1977 XT500.

Basic costs are-
ITV was €89.20. Registration at Trafico €95.80
You will need the European Certificate of Conformity, or if like mine it pre-dated this, a Ficha Reducida Tecnica, mine cost €135.00

If it is standard (or you can make it so for the Test) it will be easier. Mine failed on a missing seat strap !!
Old Feb 14th 2016, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all your comments - sounds like its worth doing. I tried searching on matriculation and got "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : matriculation"
Old Feb 14th 2016, 4:31 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
I imported my 1977 XT500.

Basic costs are-
ITV was €89.20. Registration at Trafico €95.80
You will need the European Certificate of Conformity, or if like mine it pre-dated this, a Ficha Reducida Tecnica, mine cost €135.00

If it is standard (or you can make it so for the Test) it will be easier. Mine failed on a missing seat strap !!
Hola

You omitted road tax which has to be paid before you go to Trafico

Davexf
Old Feb 14th 2016, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Search Spain for matriculate:-

Result:-http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=8887405
Old Feb 14th 2016, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Search Spain for matriculate:-

Result:-http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=8887405
Hi link doesn't work
Old Feb 14th 2016, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

boyharv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello kipperman hope it works out..... if not.....get another bike.....any bike !!!!
I have always found that Spain and motorcycles go together beautifully......i have had many years touring Spain on many different motorcycles...and intend to have many more......
my bike at the moment is BMW R1200RT..............get it sorted kipperman !!!
Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kipperman
Hi link doesn't work
Appologies, it worked when I posted but maybe it times out

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=8888569

If this does not keep working then search for matriculate