Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK Passport renewal

UK Passport renewal

Old May 22nd 2014, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK Passport renewal

We received our passports back end of last year. Like you we only have a buzon number (our box is actually fixed to the rear of the local chapel). Courier rang and as they were a week earlier than I expected we were out at our nearest town some 26km away. Courier left the 3 packages (2 new and one old passport) at the local petrol garage in our village as I said this would be OK. Next day another phone call with the final package. I was home so met courier at the garage. It wasn't DHL but one called Radicourier. The last package was the only one I had to sign for, don't know who actually signed for the other 3 but we got them OK.

I did give them our full address which does not have a road name and is on the lines of number 22 on the left, then the village name so they would have no hope of finding it as the numbers do not run in order but in the order that they were registered with the town hall as being fit to live in and can be any road in our area of the village. I did put this on the application form and asked that they give the courier our mobile number if there was any hope if it arriving. The courier this end did not seem to mind who he left the packages with.

Last edited by Cats-R-Us; May 22nd 2014 at 8:16 am. Reason: addition of last paragraph
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport renewal

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us
We received our passports back end of last year. Like you we only have a buzon number (our box is actually fixed to the rear of the local chapel). Courier rang and as they were a week earlier than I expected we were out at our nearest town some 26km away. Courier left the 3 packages (2 new and one old passport) at the local petrol garage in our village as I said this would be OK. Next day another phone call with the final package. I was home so met courier at the garage. It wasn't DHL but one called Radicourier. The last package was the only one I had to sign for, don't know who actually signed for the other 3 but we got them OK.

I did give them our full address which does not have a road name and is on the lines of number 22 on the left, then the village name so they would have no hope of finding it as the numbers do not run in order but in the order that they were registered with the town hall as being fit to live in and can be any road in our area of the village. I did put this on the application form and asked that they give the courier our mobile number if there was any hope if it arriving. The courier this end did not seem to mind who he left the packages with.
The problem with DHL is that they often outsource to smaller couriers for places outside the major cities or towns and the quality of these local couriers vary wildly. All kinds of horror stories in France and Spain of passports being dumped in ditches or left with random neighbours because the courier couldn't find or couldn't be bothered to go to addresses in remote areas.