UK NOVA

Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:54 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK NOVA

At the moment im getting all the UK TV Stations down the internet and into a terelgy box and then into the tv..€30 a month... cheap for me as i would pay sky that much..
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:24 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Guy
Astra 2F is currently scheduled for launch 21st Sept - i think the last few launches have been delayed by a week or so also - astra 1n launch was delayed by about 2 weeks IIRC.

When it will start operating with channels in UNKNOWN and pure guesswork.
It will depend on how long Astra test the satellites for, then how long it takes to get to 28 east (they will not test it at 28 east it iwll be tested somewhere near by), then a few more tests, then channel migration.
Some tests of satellites have been completed in 3 weeks, others in 3 months.
We do know that Sky and Freesat lock out changes around Christmas time, so no changes for about 2 weeks around late December.

You will only get issues with the african beam if that african beam uses the same frequencies as the UK beam.The current african beam uses different frequencies and so does not interfere with anything focused onthe UK. The main issue will be how much of a signal you will get in tenerife, due to the new beams footprint.

Although you will still be able to receive channels on the Pan European beams and on Eutelsat 28a (and b)...although this is unlikely to include bbc itv c4 and fives, and will basically be the cheap free channels (ie true movies and cbs, god and shopping) and SKy pay channels.
yes they want 1N at 19e before the xmas lock out as they have new german HD services waiting to launch over the xmas period . If they are going to reuse frequencies then they will be UK BEAM and WEST AFRICA BEAM .as these are 4500 km apart from each other ,so no overlap ...the new AFRICA DTH service dont use 2B only 2F at 28e (its on the board)
Attached Thumbnails UK NOVA-afrcases.jpg   UK NOVA-astra_2efg_uk_ku_band_spotbeam_l.jpg   UK NOVA-astra_2f_westafrica_ku_band_beam_l.jpg  
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
At the moment im getting all the UK TV Stations down the internet and into a terelgy box and then into the tv..€30 a month... cheap for me as i would pay sky that much..
that sounds cool where do you get the box and service from ...im in tenerife
Old Sep 10th 2012, 7:38 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
that sounds cool where do you get the box and service from ...im in tenerife
Isat does it here.. but europa telephones spain gives free UK TV and try blend telephones..
Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:42 am
Just Joined

blueplatinum is an unknown quantity at this point

ASTRA 2F launched last night. It will arrive close to its initial testing position in two weeks when it will be handed over to SES. Testing will take at least a week and the satellite will then move to its broadcasting position at 28.2E. We should then quickly see some changes with ASTRA 1N and ASTRA 2A being the first satellites expected to switch over.

Whilst it is anticipated that channels currently on 1N will become harder to receive (but by no means a certainty) the channels currently on 2A North beam should become easier to receive in southern Spain and the Canary Islands. If the 2A transponder which transmits the EPG information (11.778 V) moves to the 2F pan-european beam then this should open up the full 7-day EPG, series links and On-Demand to Sky+ HD boxes in these areas.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Don, t know if this is any use to anyone i.e. If it works in Spain but I use it in the UK and it's. Brilliant. I am sure you could connect computer to. Tv easy enough. You get all the UK channels. I use it on a 7" tablet brilliant picture. http://www.tvcatchup.com/
Old Sep 29th 2012, 9:08 pm
Banned

its blocked in spain
Old Sep 29th 2012, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Pity funny I take it even expat shield doesn't help.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 9:42 pm
Banned

no the funny thing is that they use very clever blocking software as other sites with poor software have been closed down by ´´the man´´