Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK Housing market , up or down??

UK Housing market , up or down??

Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:58 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Housing market , up or down??

Originally Posted by Jorgi
I must be old fashioned. I thought houses were for living in? How long does one hang on to ones "investment?"
Well one must be pratical about these things. What happens at the end of the day if one chooses not to stay in Spain and decides to return to the UK only to realise that they can no longer afford to buy there?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Well one must be pratical about these things. What happens at the end of the day if one chooses not to stay in Spain and decides to return to the UK only to realise that they can no longer afford to buy there?

Rental
Why don't you do some rentals whilst you are waiting to sell
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:17 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Rental
Why don't you do some rentals whilst you are waiting to sell
too much hassle, I did think about but then decided against it.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
too much hassle, I did think about but then decided against it.

Less hassle than you think, once you have a housekeeper
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:20 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

I must be old fashioned. I thought houses were for living in? How long does one hang on to ones "investment?"
He has a valid point !

Lets face facts are we on this earth to see who dies with the most ? So at what stage does all this talk of investment become pay out time ?

Maybe as you are going in hospital for that hip operation ?
Perhaps when its time to go into the old folks home ?

So Jorgi is spot on and gets some Karma for that .

Last edited by Big Pete; Jun 30th 2007 at 2:22 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:00 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I have said before.
Our life change came to this, when I was in the bosses office
Her quote
"well Sharon your job is your life"
I came out thinking "No"
"I work to live, not live to work "
Got home said to the OH I think that move is now not in 5 years and well here we are 18 months down the line and happy

Like Big Pete said
What is a fancy car when it gets you from A to B
and the big house.
I wanted quality of time and being together instead of the rat race of life in the UK

Last edited by gallerie9; Jun 30th 2007 at 3:02 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Big Pete Thanks for the karma. Yippee my first. What I would say to the people who say "What if" is make sure your research is properly done. Plan for the positive not for the negative otherwise you will always have doubts. You only have one life so grag it by the scruff of the neck and move forward.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:46 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

This is not a dress rehursal its the real thing
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice

Big Pete Thanks for the karma. Yippee my first. What I would say to the people who say "What if" is make sure your research is properly done. Plan for the positive not for the negative otherwise you will always have doubts. You only have one life so grag it by the scruff of the neck and move forward.

lucky you

going to have a serious chat with estate agent . i think if i can get a good price ,then it may be worth my while selling up now ,moving over and renting for a while ,in the hope that spanish market drops a lil bit more.

by the way thanks all for your input ...