UBER Newbie.

Old Sep 28th 2019, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute
Question UBER Newbie.

Hi all,
Will be in Riviera Del Sol next week and was thinking of using Uber!
Never used this transport before.Can a tourist use it in spain from UK, ie ME?
How does it work?
How do i pay?
Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 10:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UBER Newbie.

Originally Posted by Keithtoon
Hi all,
How does it work?
How do i pay?
Thank you in advance.
I don't use Uber myself, but I believe it's easy to set up online on their website. You need to enter your credit card details, the payment gets taken from that.
My sister has an Uber account in Australia and used it when she came to visit us in London with no problems.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 4:47 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keithtoon
Hi all,
How does it work?
How do i pay?
Thank you in advance.
My sons girlfriend has started using "blah blah Car" (sp?) for longer journeys. This is working extremely well so far.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 4:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You’ll need to download the app to your phone. You can use it anywhere in the world where Uber drivers exist. You’ll need to save your card details to the app. The phone uses GPS to confirm your current location, you pick a destination and then you’ll be given a quote in local currency. If you’re happy then you confirm and it’ll find you a driver. They pick you up and take you to your destination. No money changes hands and the fare is charged to your card. Very useful when on holiday to stop you getting ripped off by unscrupulous local taxi drivers. I use it exclusively for this purpose.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’ll need to download the app to your phone. You can use it anywhere in the world where Uber drivers exist. You’ll need to save your card details to the app. The phone uses GPS to confirm your current location, you pick a destination and then you’ll be given a quote in local currency. If you’re happy then you confirm and it’ll find you a driver. They pick you up and take you to your destination. No money changes hands and the fare is charged to your card. Very useful when on holiday to stop you getting ripped off by unscrupulous local taxi drivers. I use it exclusively for this purpose.
Doesn't guarantee that you won't be ripped off. We used a similar service in Tel Aviv earlier this year, but the name escapes me at the moment. We needed an very early morning cab, and using the app was a breeze. Driver picked us up within a few minutes. When we reached the destination he said X shekels in yiddish. We said already paid by csrd and he said no card.. Since it was the first time we had used a service of this type and it was very early and he spoke (or prenteded not to speak English) we handed over cash. A few minutes later I received notification through the app that my card had been charged. For the ride.

Once i got hold of the app people they refunded my payment no questions asked. Maybe this is common the taxi service virgins like us get ripped off by the driver...

Old Sep 29th 2019, 8:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can't speak for anywhere else, but its the best thing that ever happened to transport in Brisbane purely because its. half the price of a normal taxi, plus the security of knowing you don't have to hand cash or card to the driver.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 9:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_day
Doesn't guarantee that you won't be ripped off. We used a similar service in Tel Aviv earlier this year, but the name escapes me at the moment. We needed an very early morning cab, and using the app was a breeze. Driver picked us up within a few minutes. When we reached the destination he said X shekels in yiddish. We said already paid by csrd and he said no card.. Since it was the first time we had used a service of this type and it was very early and he spoke (or prenteded not to speak English) we handed over cash. A few minutes later I received notification through the app that my card had been charged. For the ride.

Once i got hold of the app people they refunded my payment no questions asked. Maybe this is common the taxi service virgins like us get ripped off by the driver...
Never had anyone try that. Very quick way to get yourself blacklisted by the app in question.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think that Uber operates within Spain.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 9:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Something I found interesting - when tagging along with my sister on Uber rides in Australia the drivers always refused a tip, saying it wasn't permitted (we'd give it to them anyway and promise to keep schtum). No problem with the London Uber drivers accepting a tip so I guess London Uber allows it.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Something I found interesting - when tagging along with my sister on Uber rides in Australia the drivers always refused a tip, saying it wasn't permitted (we'd give it to them anyway and promise to keep schtum). No problem with the London Uber drivers accepting a tip so I guess London Uber allows it.
They aren't supposed to accept tips, its part of the "no cash" idea, but the app now allows the rider to tip the driver electronically. You say how much and it submits that to uber, along with the rating of the driver Certainly available in Aus, can't remember if it worked in London.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by jonboy
https://www.uber.com/es/es-es/
Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Never had anyone try that. Very quick way to get yourself blacklisted by the app in question.
One would hope so. Just checked and tje app was Gett, which was recommended to me by the tour company who organised our day trip to Jerusalem. It wasnt actually a lot of money, under 10euro. But thats not the point.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I had googled but it did not show up. I note that Valencia has either repelled Uber or Uber can not see the profit in a smaller city.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 7:34 pm

Thanks for that, I had googled but it did not show up. I note that Valencia has either repelled Uber or Uber can not see the profit in a smaller city.
Very possibly the former.
Old Sep 30th 2019, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

Now i am more confused...
Not to worry, will have to use Normal Taxis..
Thanks all for your comments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.