Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TVE Gone from Sky in UK

TVE Gone from Sky in UK

Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:44 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default TVE Gone from Sky in UK

The page 795 has disappeared again and you cannot retune and get it in other services, like last time.

I E-Mailed TVE in Spain yesterday and had the reply today that states Sky wanted more money from TVE, the original contract period ended on the 3rd October.

No agreement could be made and services have been withdrawn and no contract has been agreed.

Great, thanks Sky for informing us customers who pay for the service.

I E-Mailed Sky on Monday and I`m still awaiting a response.

And people complain that Spain is slow.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:46 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TVE Gone from Sky in UK

why should sky inform their customers that a channel has decided not to renew its contract with them...their T&Cs does state they they are not responsible for channels coming and going, and that the channel lineup can change at any time etc etc...

it is posted on the TVE website....

http://www.rtve.es/television/200910...e/294885.shtml

and

Translation of the TVE announcement:

Dear audience,

We confirm that from the 2nd of October TVE will cease to be broadcast on the SKY platform since the trade agreement so far maintained its validity ended on that date. After lengthy negotiations and despite having done everything possible, TVE has failed to agree on a new renewal due to large economic and organizational requirements by SKY.

We are pleased to announce that our channels are broadcasted in open and free of charge via the Eutelsat Hot Bird 8. The equipment necessary for reception consists of a satellite dish and digital decoder standard free channels. The tuning parameters are available on the site -http://www.rtve.es

We appreciate your confidence along all this time and we ask you to please subscribers of SKY as they are, they do get to them and complaints relevant since it is they who have decided to pull its offer our channel.
Also remember that TVE was removed from the Sky EPG earlier in the year for failure of providing certian data that is required by the sky contract...

I dare say that TVE could not justify paying sky for placement on the EPG and for encryption, especially if their viewing numbers are low - so TVE cannot justify the spend...

and i am sure the Sky carriage conditions apply for every other 500plus channels on the platform also...

and has been free to watch on astra 1 and hotbrid anyway...so you dont actually need to subscribe to view it....just a 60cm dish and a FTA receiver...

do you feel the same way now that
AT Global on epg 837
Cupid TV on 879
Beverley Hills on 664
have been removed from the EPG in the last few days...?

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 6th 2009 at 6:55 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:00 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Guy
why should sky inform their customers that a channel has decided not to renew its contract with them...their T&Cs does state they they are not responsible for channels coming and going, and that the channel lineup can change at any time etc etc...
Its good customer service.

Its polite.

I`m paying extra for it each month.

I`m outside of contract so if I`m unhappy I will walk away to Virgin Media and pay them my hard earned cash.

I`m all for customer service, I pay and you provide, its not a public service.

If TVE can be bothered to inform its clients, why can`t Sky.

Yesterday I passed five Sky van`s parked in my petrol station, I spoke to the guy who installed our system and lives local.

There all expecting to be laid off as there spending hours doin nothing.

I guess they wouldn`t be happy knowing that clients that pay Sky are walking away because Sky can`t be arsed.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:27 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

You could say sky informed you that the channel was no longer available on their platform as it was removed from the EPG!

So would you be expecting Sky to call all 10million of its clients up each time a channel goes off the epg for one reason or another?

Would you expect sky to keep you informed of all (commercially sensitive) channel contact negotiations?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:14 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this may go some way to compensate

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/index.html
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: TVE Gone from Sky in UK

Originally Posted by chulo

Its polite.

I`m paying extra for it each month.

I`m outside of contract so if I`m unhappy I will walk away to Virgin Media and pay them my hard earned cash.

I`m all for customer service, I pay and you provide, its not a public service.

Yesterday I passed five Sky van`s parked in my petrol station, I spoke to the guy who installed our system and lives local.

There all expecting to be laid off as there spending hours doin nothing.

I guess they wouldn`t be happy knowing that clients that pay Sky are walking away because Sky can`t be arsed.
I understand your point.
Sky could've at least gone through their records electronically and pulled up all customers who are subscribing to the Channel.
Then put out an email distro list to all concerned.

Maybe offering some sort of balance adjustment etc etc.

It's simply good business practice
DSB.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
I understand your point.
Sky could've at least gone through their records electronically and pulled up all customers who are subscribing to the Channel.
Then put out an email distro list to all concerned.

Maybe offering some sort of balance adjustment etc etc.

It's simply good business practice
DSB.
Not everyone has e mail, and not everyone has a landline phone. They may have put it on the info section, but how many people read that.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Hopefully this may go some way to compensate

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/index.html
Yes, I use that a lot here in UK, currently into "El coro en la cárcel". There are loads of others programmes to watch as well, TVE on Sky is not a big loss for me. And no, they didn't tell me they were going to cancel it either! But then I didn't expect them to.
www.misexta.tv/inicio
http://www.radiotelevisionandalucia....pe/web/portada

Last edited by agoreira; Oct 7th 2009 at 10:22 am.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:39 pm
Banned

When I send an E Mail from my account on Sky`s site I expect a response.

5 days and still waiting.

They E-Mail updates and special offers, so why not an explination on services being removed.

I don`t like being treated as a sheep, I think for my self, so if a service is removed that I pay for, then I require a response.

When I rung I got a response, but I now have a 25 minute bill on my account and judging by the number Sky use there getting a percentage of the call.

I guess E-Mail isn`t a good option.

On page 795 it states "Not available" on the Services Section it states "Technical Problem please try later".

I`m really not that concerned as I have cable coming next Monday and I local Sat guy is goin to instal a recon box tuned to TVE using my dish.

So my £57.25 a month is now goin somewhere else.

I actually love this attitude, a lot of my business profit is gained by companies in my proffesion using similar tactics.

Virgin also seem to offer a far better use friendly system.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Virgin also seem to offer a far better use friendly system.
There we are then, you're happy, they've done you a favour.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:12 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Yes, I use that a lot here in UK, currently into "El coro en la cárcel". There are loads of others programmes to watch as well, TVE on Sky is not a big loss for me. And no, they didn't tell me they were going to cancel it either! But then I didn't expect them to.
www.misexta.tv/inicio
http://www.radiotelevisionandalucia....pe/web/portada
Here's another one: http://www.antena3videos.com/
I notice that on the Sexta site they've now got their version of the Apprentice (El Aprendiz). Not sure it will work so well without "SirAlan" and "Margaret" but interesting nonetheless.

This all makes me think it's all so much easier to learn a language nowadays. Apart from the better training techniques, there's so much material on the net. I remember when the only aid you had was a tape you listened to in "language laboratories".
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

This all makes me think it's all so much easier to learn a language nowadays. Apart from the better training techniques, there's so much material on the net. I remember when the only aid you had was a tape you listened to in "language laboratories".
Indeed! I live in the middle of nowhere here in UK, and hardly any Spanish here to practice with, plus we struggle to get sufficient numbers to run an advanced Spanish class. So, yes, very grateful for the internet. I also chat with a few Spanish on skype, that's a great resource. Also some good podcasts, so all in all, it's a lot easier! No excuse in fact.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:07 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Indeed! I live in the middle of nowhere here in UK, and hardly any Spanish here to practice with, plus we struggle to get sufficient numbers to run an advanced Spanish class. So, yes, very grateful for the internet. I also chat with a few Spanish on skype, that's a great resource. Also some good podcasts, so all in all, it's a lot easier! No excuse in fact.
When you say podcasts, do you mean down loadable lessons for players.
Maybe it would be good to post the links for others coming over, so they can learn too.
Mitzy can put them in Free Beer if he is a good boy.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr
When you say podcasts, do you mean down loadable lessons for players.
JDR, I mean lessons online, with transcript, which you can either listen to online, or download. You can then listen to them offline, put them on a mp3 player, burn them on a DVD and listen in the car etc
IMHO, the best one's include,
http://ssl4you.blogspot.com/ Teresa Sanchez, from Zamora
http://www.spanishpodcast.org/ Mercedes from Barcelona.
These are possibly not for beginners, but if you search there are loads of basic one's available. There are some podcasts you have to pay for, but I have not found them any better than the free ones, so don't bother buying them. There are literally thousands of Spanish language podcasts available nowadays on almost every subject under the sun, the world's your lobster!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

baz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nice

Hi, I don’t know if this as come up before but notesinsoabish.com is one of the best for free pod casts at all levels. http://www.notesinspanish.com/
Barry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.