Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TV/Satellite guy in our area?

TV/Satellite guy in our area?

Old Jul 24th 2015, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of
Default TV/Satellite guy in our area?

Hi guys, can anyone pm me with details of Lloyd from Fortuna (I think). We left our house in March with functioning Satellite TV and have returned this week to find we have no signal. We left our Spanish phone book back in Scotland - doh!

Last edited by MrsMac59; Jul 24th 2015 at 2:19 pm. Reason: Got the name wrong!
Old Jul 24th 2015, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TV/Satellite guy in our area?

Can't help with the contact, but in the meantime if you have access to it, suggest you try moving it slightly left or right (after loosening securing bolt!) to see if this helps. Might have shifted slightly in high winds.
Nothing to lose!
Old Jul 24th 2015, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunasat- sorry don't have the number. Is it a sky system or something else? Don't move the dish its unlikely to be the problem.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of

Got him, thanks
Old Jul 24th 2015, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Fortunasat- sorry don't have the number. Is it a sky system or something else? Don't move the dish its unlikely to be the problem.
It's not sky - it's a large Satellite dish in the garden. Got Lloyds number so I'll give him a call. Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2015, 4:21 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

No signal - dish has moved out of alignment, spiders inside LNB, cable connections.... or if using a sky box, using an invalid frequency as the default transponder (you no longer have to change this from 11778!)
Old Jul 31st 2015, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know if this will effect Spain,if it is accurate.

From another Website:

Following the recent addition of Astra 2G to the UK satellite broadcasting slot, many UK TV fans around Europe breathed a sigh of relief, as the expected channel losses in expat areas failed to materialise. Sky channels on the three Europe beams are stronger than before in most of the continent, though there have been exceptions, such as in the eastern Mediterranean.
BBC HD channels became easier to receive, not harder, as an adjacent strong source of interference (11008V) to the BBC HD transponder was turned off last week.

The situation may now be complicated by a planned move, for unknown reasons, of Astra 2E from 28.2Âş to 28.5Âş east, taking up the former position of Eutelsat's 28A. The move will be completed around 8th August, when the satellite will arrive at 28.51Âş east. The increased distance between 2E and the other two satellites 2F and 2G will cause problems for owners of large dishes. Although still within the beam width of all but the very largest dishes, the signals from one position or the other may be weaker, depending on the exact pointing of the dish.

There is speculation that the satellite's owners, SES, will open a long-planned Middle East service from Astra 2E soon, following the opening of a new office in Dubai. Astra 2E carries almost all BBC, ITV and Channel Four services. If the frequencies in use by these channels are re-used for the mid-east beam, reception of the UK services may be much more difficult in eastern and southern Europe. It may be that a recently-cleared group of frequencies above 12500 Ghz will be used, which would result in no conflict.

Source Sky Madrid.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 5:07 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Until it happens, no-one can say for sure we shall wait and see if this is correct or not....
But many dishes in my area are fine for both 28.2 and 28.5 - remember the old Eutelsat 28a was at 28.5 and easy reception...
As for the middle east beam and frequency reuse, I dare say this would harm more the south east med, rather than south west med...
Old Jul 31st 2015, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

we lost most lat year now use internet and filmon
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:48 pm
Banned

Louis5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't English TV illegal in Spain? If internet was better there I'd recommend buying a VPN for like $5/month to change your IP to a UK one, then you can watch BBC online.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Louis5
Isn't English TV illegal in Spain?
No

Originally Posted by Louis5
If internet was better there I'd recommend buying a VPN for like $5/month to change your IP to a UK one, then you can watch BBC online.
Why when many areas of Spain can still watch BBC via satellite and in full HD for free?
Old Aug 31st 2015, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Guy
Until it happens, no-one can say for sure we shall wait and see if this is correct or not....
But many dishes in my area are fine for both 28.2 and 28.5 - remember the old Eutelsat 28a was at 28.5 and easy reception...
As for the middle east beam and frequency reuse, I dare say this would harm more the south east med, rather than south west med...
Any changes?
Old Aug 31st 2015, 1:39 pm
Living in NW Galicia

Brano77 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is related to my earlier post (see below) concerning improving reception in fringe reception areas. Astra 2E is now 28.5.

" I live in NW Galicia and am fortunate to still receive all the Freesat channels with my 1.8m dish. The signal strength is of course weaker from the new UK beams, which is particularly noticeable when it rains, and it does here occasionally! Keeps the dish clean.

I intend to call in my installer to check the set up and maximise the potential performance. I note that Astra 2E is now at 28.5E which may explain a reduction in quality of in particular Channel 5 and Film 4. Any advice in what to tell my installer as I presume there is some form of compromise between the two main satellites 2E and 2G at 28.2E and 28.5E respectively?

In addition, on the basis that the current installation is to a good standard - dish, mounting, cabling, Humax Foxsat HDR I suspect changing my current Sharp Quad LNB may be worthwhile to ? Make and model number? Many thanks for any advice"
Old Sep 1st 2015, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Any changes?
In my area, not noticed any changes at all.