Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

"Trouble Abroad"

"Trouble Abroad"

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Trouble Abroad"

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/troub...1/default.html

Anyone see it ?
Unfortunate and interesting situations.
More to follow next week.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Trouble Abroad"

I saw bits of it why do 2 people need a 10 bedroom villa in the first place??
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I really could not fathom the 2 single mums in France, reduced to taking food from a local charity?She even brought her teenage son with her and he was 'proud of her'?
I am sorry, but if I was in their situation, speaking very little French, I would take my kids back to the UK,where the chances for a job are higher and at least the state can help you. You can not eat the views, the fresh air and the different way of life, just be practical. And where are those ex husbands supporting their families?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It must be heartbreaking to feel trapped with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:17 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with all the above points.

Two elderly folk with a ten bedroom mansion
What's the point unless they intended opening a hotel,but in any event they hardly seemed capable of that.
Just crazy, seems like the guy virtually bought it on impulse.
Don't think I'll hold my breath waiting for his latest CD.

The two ladies in France another mystery, unless they were tied down to staying in the property for some reason.
Would be Estate Agents ? .....I don't think.

As for the guy in Florida and his faithful but very sad wife,
Two lessons I suppose......
Always read the small print and never put all your eggs in one basket.
edit,..or burn your boats, makes three.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the programme and could not in all honesty feel very sorry for any of the people featured - I thought they had all made completely daft decisions of one sort or another and the predicaments they found themselves in were not the fault of the countries they had elected to move to.

With regard to the couple in Spain, as others have said they were crazy to buy a house that size and I fear that given the limited market for a 10 bedroom house at the best of times, let alone in this market, and the fact that it was so very old fashioned (and not in a good way) it will prove very difficult to sell. If they had spent less on the house and kept more cash in reserve they would not now be finding things so difficult now that the husband is unable to work any more as a singer (which personally I would count as a blessing from the point of view of the unsuspecting public, sorry!).

I agree that the two women in France were crazy to stay there - but how come they qualify for £135 a week in benefits anyway? For such impoverished people there seemed to be a lot of vehicles parked up at their properties, including a BMW which surely could be sold and a much smaller and cheaper one purchased instead. At least they had enough nous not to turn up at the food bank in it!

The couple in Florida were ripped off, pure and simple, and it seemed to me they must have been very naive in their business dealings. The wife's interview technique when applying for a waitress job was priceless - could have been used in a training film of how not to do it.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:49 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

It was a Good show.. we have people here going back to the UK..because they wont down grade from a 4 bedroom apartment €1500 to a 1 bedroom one at €500.. Its called ...pride...
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to the couple in Spain, as others have said they were crazy to buy a house that size and I fear that given the limited market for a 10 bedroom house at the best of times, let alone in this market, and the fact that it was so very old fashioned (and not in a good way) it will prove very difficult to sell. If they had spent less on the house and kept more cash in reserve they would not now be finding things so difficult now

In fairness the singers wife did say that during the program or more or less, I don't know what planet he was on to be honest.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

The couple in Spain , I felt sorry for her doing all the running around , you can bet he only had a stroke because he`s a f** lazy t***,

The Florida couple were thicko`s , they obviously never used a lawyer to oversee their purchase of the franchise , she was also to dumb to realize that waiters make their wages up with 10 - 15 % tips in the U.S, some can earn as much a lawyers !

The two in France were lazy cows , they both had land but were to bone to get a garden going and some poultry , alternatively they could have sold the BMW , moved back to the UK and got a job .

I had no sympathy for any of them other than the "rock stars" wife.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
The couple in Spain , I felt sorry for her doing all the running around , you can bet he only had a stroke because he`s a f** lazy t***,

The Florida couple were thicko`s , they obviously never used a lawyer to oversee their purchase of the franchise , she was also to dumb to realize that waiters make their wages up with 10 - 15 % tips in the U.S, some can earn as much a lawyers !

The two in France were lazy cows , they both had land but were to bone to get a garden going and some poultry , alternatively they could have sold the BMW , moved back to the UK and got a job .

I had no sympathy for any of them other than the "rock stars" wife.
Spot on! They were all thicko's and losers, before they left the UK.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes the singers wife mentioned that they should have spent less on such a huge house and kept more for living, he was living in la la land
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me that you have to be a bit of a thicko or loser to watch shite like that!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Beast
Sounds to me that you have to be a bit of a thicko or loser to watch shite like that!
Are you sure you are not a singer with a dodgy pony tail????? Lol Mind you do have a valid point, my excuse she who must be obeyed controls the remote!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Beast
How do you know it was shite?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

By reading your comments.
ITV.
Prime time viewing.
Producers name.
Other 'Smash hits' by same producer.
'Dirty sexy things'
'Wife swap'
'Dog house'
'Can't read can't write'

Need I go on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.