Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Trikes in Spain

Trikes in Spain

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Trikes in Spain

Hi everyone,
Well, the time is drawing nearer to us up lifting our roots and moving over to our little home in Spain. We have been giving as lot of thought to transport and have decided that we are going to look for a motorcycle trike. We have a couple of motor bikes but want the comfort of a trike, and were thinking about having a Drag Star 1100cc converted to a softail trike.

Does any one know of anywhere in Murcia, Alicante or nearby that does conversions?

Does anyone know of a trike for sale at reasonable cost?

Is there a bored motorcycle mechanic that would like to earn a few bob and take on the project?

We've enquired here (UK) about conversions and we're looking at mega bucks! then theres the reregistration bit on top.......yet another stomach churning hurdle to cross......
Many thanks,
Mary
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Trikes in Spain

Originally Posted by maryg
Hi everyone,
Well, the time is drawing nearer to us up lifting our roots and moving over to our little home in Spain. We have been giving as lot of thought to transport and have decided that we are going to look for a motorcycle trike. We have a couple of motor bikes but want the comfort of a trike, and were thinking about having a Drag Star 1100cc converted to a softail trike.

Does any one know of anywhere in Murcia, Alicante or nearby that does conversions?

Does anyone know of a trike for sale at reasonable cost?

Is there a bored motorcycle mechanic that would like to earn a few bob and take on the project?

We've enquired here (UK) about conversions and we're looking at mega bucks! then theres the reregistration bit on top.......yet another stomach churning hurdle to cross......
Many thanks,
Mary

Hello Mary,
I do think there is a motorcycle club in the Alicante area, you might take a look at the "Costa Blanca News" web site as they have a list of clubs and things, you might be able to contact a club member and they could put you onto someone who is into these sort of things.

I do hope this helps you out, and can I have a ride of your bike when you get here?? PLEASE ...
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: Trikes in Spain

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello Mary,
I do think there is a motorcycle club in the Alicante area, you might take a look at the "Costa Blanca News" web site as they have a list of clubs and things, you might be able to contact a club member and they could put you onto someone who is into these sort of things.

I do hope this helps you out, and can I have a ride of your bike when you get here?? PLEASE ...

Of course you can!.....provided it's before we go for that drink!
I never gave the cbn a thought.....thanks for that....
Mary