Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TRICKY RESIDENCY QUESTION

TRICKY RESIDENCY QUESTION

Old Jan 2nd 2021, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRICKY RESIDENCY QUESTION

I had my first application submitted online by gestor in September to Malaga Extranjeria. It was approved within a month and went to the second appointment in October for fingerprinting and submission of photo. I am still waiting for confirmation that my card has arrived before making an appointment to collect it. It is now 7 weeks, so it will be at least 4 months from start to finish.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
I had my first application submitted online by gestor in September to Malaga Extranjeria. It was approved within a month and went to the second appointment in October for fingerprinting and submission of photo. I am still waiting for confirmation that my card has arrived before making an appointment to collect it. It is now 7 weeks, so it will be at least 4 months from start to finish.
Joppa from experience they do not inform you that your card is ready to collect. They never gave any indication to my wife when it would be ready when she had fingerprints taken. The sheet they gave her after fingerprinting said that unless informed otherwise do not attend to collect the card until after 45 days had passed since fingerprinting. We just got an appointment as close as we could after the 45 day point and the card was there for her to collect. I must admit I thought we would get a letter saying it was ready. However we would still be waiting. If I were you I would go online on the cita site and make an appointment for the option to collect TIE, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

No...They DON´T inform you when the card is ready. You have to guess. Mine was ready after a month. I made an appointment HOPING it was ready and it was. They inform you of nothing.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 7:15 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on how they do it in your region or, dare I say it, at the police station you use, because I'm in Catalonia and I had a different experience to the previous poster.

After my interview where I handed over the paperwork and had my fingerprints taken, I was given the resguardo and a slip of paper with the date and time that I should turn up to collect the card. It was about a month after the interview.

Last edited by DLC; Jan 3rd 2021 at 7:20 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
After my interview where I handed over the paperwork and had my fingerprints taken, I was given the resguardo and a slip of paper with the date and time that I should turn up to collect the card. It was about a month after the interview.
Yes that is of course true in fact when you make the online Cita to collect your card it says unless you have been told otherwise you should not make an appointment to collect your card before the 45 days have elapsed. In your area they are giving you the time to collect it. My reply to Joppa was because they applied at Malaga as we did and that is how Malaga do it.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turbo911
HI ALL,
We decided to come and live in Spain- Almeria province earlier this year and after selling our uk property and we landed here in our pre arranged rental Villa very early October and immediately started our Padron application through our Local recommended solicitor i also applied for and got my NIE number, We decided that my wife would leave her NIE application to go through with our residency, However it took much longer and various town hall visits to obtain our Padrons and we eventually collected these on 28th dec, So our residency application is now post Brexit this is where it starts to get tricky, We stumbled across a villa for sale which we have fallen in love with (we have trawled the internet and local areas looking for the correct villa) so we made a offer which was excepted, Paid our 3000 euro deposit we also had written into the contract that the sale was/is subject to our successful residency application being approved, Due to Christmas holidays our residency application now starts when we meet our solicitor next Friday 8th Jan, From what i have read on various posts on the forum the application is a lengthy process and if it takes longer than 3 months will wee have to leave Spain under the new Brexit laws While our application is possessed ?, Thats really hoping we are successful with the application, I have also heard of what I believe to be the gold card automatic residency based on having a certain amount of euro in the bank?, We still at this moment have a successful limited company in the uk which will go onto provide us with a healthy income if we need to provide a income for our application and prove we can sustain ourselves in Spain this will hopefully make our application successful, It’s extremely worrisome that we will have to trek back along with our 3 dogs back to the uk if our application takes longer than the 3 months and we proceed with the villa purchase and residency is rejected, Can anyone offer any advice please....
Your lawyer should be doing this for you , you do have one ? I ask as they should have advised you not to pay a deposit of that size at least until all checks have been done , ie is it a legal property ? many are not.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Joppa from experience they do not inform you that your card is ready to collect. They never gave any indication to my wife when it would be ready when she had fingerprints taken. The sheet they gave her after fingerprinting said that unless informed otherwise do not attend to collect the card until after 45 days had passed since fingerprinting. We just got an appointment as close as we could after the 45 day point and the card was there for her to collect. I must admit I thought we would get a letter saying it was ready. However we would still be waiting. If I were you I would go online on the cita site and make an appointment for the option to collect TIE, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I am now collecting my TIE on 22nd January, the earliest date available at Málaga. No notification about the card being available, but it will be over 2 months since giving fingerprints etc.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am now collecting my TIE on 22nd January, the earliest date available at Málaga. No notification about the card being available, but it will be over 2 months since giving fingerprints etc.
I doubt there will be a problem they should still have your card I would guess. Like you we thought we would be informed when ready but Málaga don't inform you. Good luck