Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Travel with Spanish NIE

Travel with Spanish NIE

Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel with Spanish NIE

This link outlines what is required as ID to fly with Easyjet. It states that for all international flights including EU a valid passport is required simple photo ID is only acceptable for UK internal flights. How to resolve this issue I have no idea. http:// http://www.easyjet.com/en/he...nd-information
Old Apr 15th 2018, 11:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

@OP If I was you I'd try the Spanish Embassy I'm sure its in their power to give you a temporary travel document of some sort to enable you to return to Spain especially as you do have a NIE so they already have all your details.

Plus in my experience Spanish Officialdom is nearly always helpful
Old Apr 15th 2018, 11:44 am
Just Joined

naimul20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mfh
@OP If I was you I'd try the Spanish Embassy I'm sure its in their power to give you a temporary travel document of some sort to enable you to return to Spain especially as you do have a NIE so they already have all your details.

Plus in my experience Spanish Officialdom is nearly always helpful
Thank you. Ohh, I already took appointment in Consulate in London for tomorrow. Should i go there or take appointment for Embassy?
Old Apr 15th 2018, 11:52 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you hold a Bangladeshi passport then you'll need a valid visa to travel to Spain. A NIE is a tax identification number, not a residence permit. You'll need to make a visa application to the Spanish consulate.

Visa and Entry Requirements
Old Apr 15th 2018, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naimul20
Thank you. Ohh, I already took appointment in Consulate in London for tomorrow. Should i go there or take appointment for Embassy?
As you have an appointment with your consulate I would go there and follow their advice, otherwise you could end up going around in circles.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bobd22
As you have an appointment with your consulate I would go there and follow their advice, otherwise you could end up going around in circles.
Thank you
Old Apr 15th 2018, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you hold a Bangladeshi passport then you'll need a valid visa to travel to Spain. A NIE is a tax identification number, not a residence permit. You'll need to make a visa application to the Spanish consulate.

Visa and Entry Requirements
NIE is not just a tax identifier - it stands for National Identity for Foreigners and so it is a form of civic identity in Spain.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MikeJ
NIE is not just a tax identifier - it stands for National Identity for Foreigners and so it is a form of civic identity in Spain.
As i am new in this site so i couldn't share link. Otherwise i could share photo of my NIE document.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

ISTR that Erasmus Mundus students enjoy a special status within the EU since it is a condition of their course that they study in a number of member states. Therefore EM students enjoy "freedom of movement" rights within the EU. ie there should be no more need for a visa than for any other EU citizen no matter what country they are from. Needs a knowledgeable search of the Europa website to confirm.
https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/eras...y-programme_en
might be a starting point.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 1:08 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Quite possibly, but it doesn't give the OP any more permission to be in Spain than a NINO gives him permission to be in the UK.

ISTR that Erasmus Mundus students enjoy a special status within the EU since it is a condition of their course that they study in a number of member states. Therefore EM students enjoy "freedom of movement" rights within the EU. ie there should be no more need for a visa than for any other EU citizen no matter what country they are from. Needs a knowledgeable search of the Europa website to confirm.
https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/eras...y-programme_en
might be a starting point.
The 'free movement' that page refers to is the ability to study at a different university each semester. Every other source I've found states that non-EU students are responsible for obtaining the correct visa for each country they will be studying in.