Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Travel kettle wanted

Travel kettle wanted

Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

shoemanpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel kettle wanted

I want to buy a travel kettle that plugs into the car cigarette lighter socket. Anyone know where to get one here(Malaga - Marbella area) ? There are some on Amazon UK but what with postage and return if a problem, I'd rather buy here. Also, some seem to take 10-40 mins to boil, not much good if one is thirsty there and then!
Any thoughts welcomed.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel kettle wanted

I always resisted the temptation to buy one, and made do with one of those handy little calor gas stoves which do the job quickly and efficiently if set on a safe surface in a rest area or car park.
Can't advise you how well the travel kettles work, but I doubt if they will have anything like a typical 2 kw household element, to do the job as quickly as you would wish.
In any event I think they will likely drain quite a lot of power from an average car battery, and could possibly even leave you stranded if you overdo it.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shoemanpete
I want to buy a travel kettle that plugs into the car cigarette lighter socket. Anyone know where to get one here(Malaga - Marbella area) ? There are some on Amazon UK but what with postage and return if a problem, I'd rather buy here. Also, some seem to take 10-40 mins to boil, not much good if one is thirsty there and then!
Any thoughts welcomed.
try one of the local chinese shops.... doubt if you could return it if faulty, but it's your best bet, as if they don't have one they will find one
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks both , will look around.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin
try one of the local chinese shops.... doubt if you could return it if faulty, but it's your best bet, as if they don't have one they will find one

I've taken a couple of items back to Chinese shops with no hassle at all.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:44 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There are some on Amazon UK but what with postage and return if a problem, .
In case you were not aware, Amazon no longer charge postage to Spain if the order is over £25.

Also if an item is returned as faulty the return postage is also refunded.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I was not aware of free postage, will have to buy something else to make up the amount in that case.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:56 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts welcomed.
some truck stops will have them 12v or 24v 12v for you

Last edited by betris; Nov 13th 2010 at 1:00 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

ross-shire will become famous soon enoughross-shire will become famous soon enough

most sevices sell them. they do take a while to boil, but the trick is to get the co-driver to organise it 10 mins before stopping.