Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance

Travel insurance

Old May 27th 2008, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel insurance

With all this lousy warm rain in Spain we are off to sunnier climbs for a few weeks (via London Gatwick) but looking at most of the travel insurance on offer it is only open to UK residents. OK, so we could be "resident" for the purposes of this trip from the UK and back to the UK but has anyone any experience or recommendations for travel insurance especially for British ex-pats now (sort-of) resident in Spain ?
Old May 27th 2008, 1:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel insurance

Originally Posted by El Capitan
With all this lousy warm rain in Spain we are off to sunnier climbs for a few weeks (via London Gatwick) but looking at most of the travel insurance on offer it is only open to UK residents. OK, so we could be "resident" for the purposes of this trip from the UK and back to the UK but has anyone any experience or recommendations for travel insurance especially for British ex-pats now (sort-of) resident in Spain ?
There was a thread on this a little while ago, have a little search.
Old May 27th 2008, 1:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...avel+insurance
Old May 27th 2008, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for that guys - thread was from the good old days before I knew this place. globelink.uk.com is even more expensive than the worldnomads.com site I had found by searching. Must also check out the extent of travel insurance which comes with the Visa Oro.
Old May 27th 2008, 2:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Thanks for that guys - thread was from the good old days before I knew this place. globelink.uk.com is even more expensive than the worldnomads.com site I had found by searching. Must also check out the extent of travel insurance which comes with the Visa Oro.
If you happen to have Sanitas health cover, that covers you all over Europe as well for holiday trips
Old May 27th 2008, 2:09 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Try these people

http://www.expatinsuranceinspain.com/quickquote.htm

Old May 27th 2008, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Dont have any health cover. We have to go private and pay.
Old May 27th 2008, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by poshnbucks

Thanks for reminder p&b, Ken was very helpful once before I recall.
Old May 27th 2008, 3:04 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

I posted this info in another thread about travel insurance on here, I cannot find it now.

"We have an annual insurance with these people 24drtravel £59 for annual multi-trip family policy. They will also cover people with pre-existing conditions but you must go through a declaration process first. The add on was very reasonable"

They do cover EU residents, I renewed our policy this year and the cost was £74.

Yvonne

Last edited by YMF; May 27th 2008 at 3:06 pm.
Old May 27th 2008, 3:12 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

I have now found the thread, might be some more useful info on there Expat Travel Insurance
Old May 28th 2008, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the info Yvonne, checked out all links and eventually couldnt find a better deal than world nomads as we wont be having that many vacations out of Spain this year. Bit of a bugger really as the Spanish credit card insurance would have covered some of it but that card was refused when I went to buy the flight tickets because the day before I tried to use, it the bank had detected some fraud use and they think it must have been cloned during last visit to uk so they blocked it. Which meant I had to use another card and missed out on the insurance. These bloody fraudsters do cause a whole load of angst in their wake.