Reload this Page >

Translator needed

Translator needed

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

mojod is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Translator needed

Hi

I am new to the site, but feel as if I know many of you already as I have been following the threads for many months and have really enjoyed following the banter, you all seem so friendly and supportive of each other.

Thought it was about time I registered, please bear with me if I make any slip-ups as I am new to posting as well!

Myself and OH live in the southeast of England, both still working (sadly!!) but due to retire in the next couple of years and hoping to spend more time in Spain but until then its just holidays!

We have small holiday apartment in Sanlucar de Barrameda which has been recently completed, minus kitchen.

We are going over in a couple of months and will be ordering a new kitchen during this time. We are still wearing our 'L' plates as far as our knowlege of the Spainish language is concerned (although we are plodding through M. Thomas and a variety of other courses...are we the only ones who can't manage to master 'how to speak Spainish to two weeks' courses in the required 2 weeks?) I'm going off the subject... Would really appreciate your help if anyone knows of a translator or similar service within the Sanlucar area that might be able to help us get the kitchen installed, we have been to a couple of kitchen shops in the area which should be fine and we have a kitchen plan already to go but we would feel more confident if we could get our ideas across more clearly in order to avoid costly mistakes.

Also as we only go over for holidays (at the moment) would love to hear from anyone else around that area.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Translator needed

Originally Posted by mojod
Hi

I am new to the site, but feel as if I know many of you already as I have been following the threads for many months and have really enjoyed following the banter, you all seem so friendly and supportive of each other.

Thought it was about time I registered, please bear with me if I make any slip-ups as I am new to posting as well!

Myself and OH live in the southeast of England, both still working (sadly!!) but due to retire in the next couple of years and hoping to spend more time in Spain but until then its just holidays!

We have small holiday apartment in Sanlucar de Barrameda which has been recently completed, minus kitchen.

We are going over in a couple of months and will be ordering a new kitchen during this time. We are still wearing our 'L' plates as far as our knowlege of the Spainish language is concerned (although we are plodding through M. Thomas and a variety of other courses...are we the only ones who can't manage to master 'how to speak Spainish to two weeks' courses in the required 2 weeks?) I'm going off the subject... Would really appreciate your help if anyone knows of a translator or similar service within the Sanlucar area that might be able to help us get the kitchen installed, we have been to a couple of kitchen shops in the area which should be fine and we have a kitchen plan already to go but we would feel more confident if we could get our ideas across more clearly in order to avoid costly mistakes.

Also as we only go over for holidays (at the moment) would love to hear from anyone else around that area.
Translators in Sanlucar ? I suppose that it will be this:

http://www.linguavox.net/espana/anda...barrameda.html

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/tradu...a_282_458.html

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/inter...a_277_458.html
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for the links..will check them out.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

Hi Mojod,

<Snip> they asked for a Translator, not an advertising plug.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 24th 2008 at 8:12 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

hi mojod, we too our new to this site and this is our first posting.

We live fairly near to where your apartment is. We are near Hinojos.

I speak fairly okay "get byable" spanish, but not probably enough to help you order your kitchen in ease...I am currently in the progress of getting a new kitchen myself. I did go to a shop, get the guy out, he did all the plans etc....2 weeks later i went back to give the okay....only to find the shop had now closed. Now back to square one Have you thought of going to Ikea in Sevilla (our side)? They have good kitchens, and they also have people who can do the installation for you.Just a thought.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

Ah, My good friend JDR
If you would care to go to our site and look under the section 'What we do', you will see we offer a professional translation and interpreter service.
I think that is what Mojod is looking for but I shall let them decide.
Perhaps you wouldnt mind re-instating my original post!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pablosho
Ah, My good friend JDR
If you would care to go to our site and look under the section 'What we do', you will see we offer a professional translation and interpreter service.
I think that is what Mojod is looking for but I shall let them decide.
Perhaps you wouldnt mind re-instating my original post!
Âfraid not....

Rule 9. The forums, (including the private message and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/product/service. However, a single line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 18.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

OK Sir, I am sorry!

Mojod I know a good translator in Jerez please send me a PM if you are interested!
Regards
Paul
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Palmera
hi mojod, we too our new to this site and this is our first posting.

We live fairly near to where your apartment is. We are near Hinojos.

I speak fairly okay "get byable" spanish, but not probably enough to help you order your kitchen in ease...I am currently in the progress of getting a new kitchen myself. I did go to a shop, get the guy out, he did all the plans etc....2 weeks later i went back to give the okay....only to find the shop had now closed. Now back to square one Have you thought of going to Ikea in Sevilla (our side)? They have good kitchens, and they also have people who can do the installation for you.Just a thought.
Have thought about Ikea but as we are limited to the time we can spend in Spain (just a few weeks holidays at the moment) as time is limited thought it might be easier to order from a kitchen shop in Sanlucar, there are a couple of shops that look promising but feel that we need the help of an interpreter to try to make this as easy as possible....Sorry to hear that you had problems with your kitchen company, don't know if it would be of any help but I have the contact details for the 2 companies in Sanlucar one is a very established shop that has been there a number of years, the other is on the industrial estate and is a factory with a very nice showroom attached...if you want the details let me know.