Torrevieja

Old Nov 30th 2023, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

TicTac111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Torrevieja

Hi, It is me again. Hope everybody is fine and happy??!!

Thinking about to move to Torrevieja, but I've read about a problem there -mosquitoes!! Have read there are a lot, because of the two salt lakes?

Have also read that there are not so many if you are living near the sea or for example "next door" in Punta Prima?

Anybody here who lives there and could tell me what is true and what not please.

Another question I'm learning Spanish, but it takes of course time (be not anymore the youngest), can you get around there with English?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Torrevieja

Torrevieja is really just the town. The areas around it are separate places that people call Torrevieja for convenience sake. Mosquitos are no more of a problem in the town than anywhere else although of course they exist more abundantly around any green areas. You can't escape them in the summer months if you are out in the evening. Being frontline obviously is better than being near the lakes and high level apartments are good however you probably need to just accept them than try and avoid.
English is fine pretty much anywhere but don't take it for granted especially when doing formal stuff with government officials and healthcare - Spanish civil servants are not under any obligation to speak English and many no doubt resent the way it puts them in a position of weakness within their own country. Having said that,realistically , it is unlikely many Brits will reach the levels of Spanish that the natives have in English so there will always be a bit of give and take.

Last edited by 1sexsmith; Dec 1st 2023 at 5:14 am.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Lived there years ago near the main church and never had a problem with mozzies - there will be a bigger problem nearer the lakes in urbs like San Luis.

Agree with the above post - yes you might get by in bars and shops but don't expect to speak English when dealing with official things.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 11:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Playa Flamenca and we never had any problems, the occasional ones wree often due to people leaving a container of water outside for too long.