Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Took a dog to the dogs home today.

Took a dog to the dogs home today.

Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:46 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Took a dog to the dogs home today.

There has been a dog roaming about where we live for the past couple of weeks. It hasnt got a collar on and has desperately trying to get attention from anyone its passing.

Today I was in the car and finally got chance to take it to the dogs home. We cant look after another dog, not with all the operations and illness my dog has had, and I couldnt find anyone else to take the stray dog in.

I keep telling myself that the dog (which is only about 6 months old) will be better in the home. He will be fed and watered regularly and hopefully they will find him a home. But I just feel so guilty at leaving him there.....its getting me down now, and I only took him a couple of hours ago.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice
Default Re: Took a dog to the dogs home today.

Cheer up and least you have done the best you can for him, don't suppose their is somewhere like that I can take my kids when I get to spain only joking

Love Amber xx
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:47 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

You did the right thing Pam....now he has a chance! Left roaming the streets it was only a matter of time before he became a statistic!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:57 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Xtreme!

Don't beat yourself up Pam. At least you gave the poor puppy a chance at possibly finding a loving home.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:17 pm

Thanks for the reassuring replies. I know I did the right thing but I just wish I had found him a home. Ive never had to do a thing like that before as there were never many strays in the UK (not that I knew about). But here they are everywhere. There is another stray round here, but this dog is very frightened. It curls itself up in a tight ball behind cars that are parked next to a grass verge. Whenever I try to approach him he growls. I have been taking him some food as he is very thin, and I am hoping he will begin to trust me a little bit. Hopefully then I can take him to the dogs home.....I can see this is going to cost me a fortune in donations lol. But its a very worthy cause and they do a very good job.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have a suspicion that LB will find it hard to resist this thread.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have a suspicion that LB will find it hard to resist this thread.
He had better not!! :curse:
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
He had better not!! :curse:
Anyway, he is too busy nudging sheep on the motorway
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Well done Pam. I know we Brits aren't always the perfect guests in Spain, but without us think of all the suffering animals there would be - and if you want to know the worst thing about Spain it is how they treat their animals.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Just spotted in the Ayamonte area of Costa de la Luz:-

Is this level of humour OK? or am I still in the poop?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Just spotted in the Ayamonte area of Costa de la Luz:-

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...tdogposter.gif

Is this level of humour OK? or am I still in the poop?
Youre still in the poop........BIG TIME!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Youre still in the poop........BIG TIME!!
I can't win here can I??
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I can't win here can I??
Nope

Stay away from animal threads and play of the motorbike threads
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:33 pm

What took you so long Mitzy?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

What took you so long Mitzy?
Who the hell are you talking to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.