Toll Roads

Old Jun 18th 2014, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

PRIMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toll Roads

Hi can anyone tell me if all motorways in spain are toll charged ? if so it there any kind of tax that residents can buy each year or any other ways around cutting down the cost of toll charges
Old Jun 18th 2014, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toll Roads

Originally Posted by PRIMO
Hi can anyone tell me if all motorways in spain are toll charged ? if so it there any kind of tax that residents can buy each year or any other ways around cutting down the cost of toll charges
Not all of the big roads no. We set the sat nav around Barcelona and out into Catalunya to stay off the tolls and didnt find that much difference to the jourey time (and it was a nicer drive), but obv that'll vary by region. But the passes arent expensive anyway. I think our relocation bod in Barcelona mentioned its something like 30 euros for the year. I dont know if her pass is only for that region or national. But it stays in the car and you just drive through the fast lane. Im over there looking at property again in July. Ill happily ask her then for you in the unlikely case that no one else answers. All the best.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Only the motorways designated AP are toll motorways and often there are good roads running almost parallel to them. This link may be helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highways_in_Spain
Old Jun 19th 2014, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Toll Roads

Originally Posted by t2uds
Not all of the big roads no. We set the sat nav around Barcelona and out into Catalunya to stay off the tolls and didnt find that much difference to the jourey time (and it was a nicer drive), but obv that'll vary by region. But the passes arent expensive anyway. I think our relocation bod in Barcelona mentioned its something like 30 euros for the year. I dont know if her pass is only for that region or national. But it stays in the car and you just drive through the fast lane. Im over there looking at property again in July. Ill happily ask her then for you in the unlikely case that no one else answers. All the best.

Thank you so much for the information, it is very helpful. If you do find out any prices on passes please let me know
Many Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2014, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PRIMO
Thank you so much for the information, it is very helpful. If you do find out any prices on passes please let me know
Many Thanks

"VIA-T"

Ive googled a bit for you Im not sure if this is the same system that our relocation bod has. (Ill ask her when Im next over there) But the name of the fast track on the Tolls nationally is "Via-T". Its a box you put in your car which can be rented from the Spanish bank you use. Ive found a Spanish site that has an English page for you here The Via-T system discounts the journey the more you use them, and avoids you having to Q. Theres a link on that page to charges. As I say I need to check whether this is the system used when we were over there the other week. As she never mentioned it just discounting. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by t2uds
"VIA-T"

Ive googled a bit for you Im not sure if this is the same system that our relocation bod has. (Ill ask her when Im next over there) But the name of the fast track on the Tolls nationally is "Via-T". Its a box you put in your car which can be rented from the Spanish bank you use. Ive found a Spanish site that has an English page for you here The Via-T system discounts the journey the more you use them, and avoids you having to Q. Theres a link on that page to charges. As I say I need to check whether this is the system used when we were over there the other week. As she never mentioned it just discounting. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much t2uds that is very helpful