Reload this Page >

Is Today a Bank Holiday ?

Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Today a Bank Holiday ?

Nothing on any calendars that I have seen.
Certain shops seem to be closed today
Does anyone know why ?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:48 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Today a Bank Holiday ?

Originally Posted by BigD
Does anyone know why ?
It's "bank holiday" day.

Decreed as a celebration of all the bank holidays granted to the Spanish population.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
Does anyone know why ?
It is Sant Vicent de Pasqua so a bank holiday in the Valencian Province, not sure about other places.

Rosemary
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:36 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - not 'round here.

Everything open as normal - just did my ITV so even they are open.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:18 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

not round here, buses running as per normal, shops all open........
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

Elche closed, Alicante open.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all

Yep, as Rosemary says it's just in Valencia Province(as far as I know).
I only found out when I went to the swimming pool shop, the shopkeeper was stood in the doorway talking to someone so we went passed them and into the shop for a look. When he finished talking to the other lad he told us the shop was actually shut for the bank hol and that he'd only came down to meet with this lad. However he still let us get what we needed but his computer wasn't on he didn't know the price of the adaptor we wanted, he still gave us it and said to call in the shop tomorrow and give him the money...that's what I call customer service

Last edited by Richie1892; Apr 8th 2013 at 7:02 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

It is also a bank holiday in Burundi and Mozambique, at least for women, just in case you were on your way.

http://www.w3streams.com/almanach/holidays/
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

8th April should be declared a Bank Holiday from now. Ding dong!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Checking on Bank Holidays I find is easy if you go to one of the supermarket websites and look at their opening hours information for shops in your area of interest

I tend to use Mercadona http://www.mercadona.es/corp/ing-html/donde.html
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:56 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richie1892
Yep, as Rosemary says it's just in Valencia Province(as far as I know).
I only found out when I went to the swimming pool shop, the shopkeeper was stood in the doorway talking to someone so we went passed them and into the shop for a look. When he finished talking to the other lad he told us the shop was actually shut for the bank hol and that he'd only came down to meet with this lad. However he still let us get what we needed but his computer wasn't on he didn't know the price of the adaptor we wanted, he still gave us it and said to call in the shop tomorrow and give him the money...that's what I call customer service
Very, very few places (in Valencia Province) actually took it as a bank holiday.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Very, very few places (in Valencia Province) actually took it as a bank holiday.
Yeah, here we went to a few shops yesterday but only the pool shop was closed(or supposed to have been).
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

tim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Richie1892
Yeah, here we went to a few shops yesterday but only the pool shop was closed(or supposed to have been).
It was a bank holiday in Moraira/Teulada. Fiestas.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 2:43 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Checking on Bank Holidays I find is easy if you go to one of the supermarket websites and look at their opening hours information for shops in your area of interest

I tend to use Mercadona http://www.mercadona.es/corp/ing-html/donde.html
that's the one I use - however... our Mercadona was open as were a lot of the shops, some of the banks & the medical centre

however the correos & the ayuntamiento was closed

San Vicent seems to be one of those odd ones..............
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
that's the one I use - however... our Mercadona was open as were a lot of the shops, some of the banks & the medical centre

however the correos & the ayuntamiento was closed

San Vicent seems to be one of those odd ones..............
Commercial premises now have more flexibility about when they open, since the recent change in the law.

Government departments (including the Correos and town halls) still have to observe all the public holidays, including local ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.