Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tile cleaning/polishing - advice please

Tile cleaning/polishing - advice please

Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tile cleaning/polishing - advice please

Hi All

Fresh from the land of wall to wall fitted carpets I was looking forward to the simplicity of the occasional mop around my newly tiled floors.

What I'm finding is that although easy to keep clean, my floors seem to have a dull rather than a shiny finish. Its especially noticeable on the staircase which is 'pretend' marble and should be shiny. I bought some wax polish (cera) which looks lovely when applied with a damp cloth. Then it dries and looks all dull again.

Anyone know how spanish housewives get their floors so shiny?

I'm beginning to miss my old dyson

Rose
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tile cleaning/polishing - advice please

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Hi All

Fresh from the land of wall to wall fitted carpets I was looking forward to the simplicity of the occasional mop around my newly tiled floors.

What I'm finding is that although easy to keep clean, my floors seem to have a dull rather than a shiny finish. Its especially noticeable on the staircase which is 'pretend' marble and should be shiny. I bought some wax polish (cera) which looks lovely when applied with a damp cloth. Then it dries and looks all dull again.

Anyone know how spanish housewives get their floors so shiny?

I'm beginning to miss my old dyson

Rose
Get a floor cleaning fluid that says 'brillo' on the bottle, they usually give a good shine. The pretend marble may be a bit of a lost cause though because the outer layer has probably worn off over the years.

Rosemary
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:05 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I need my tiles just cleaning a little there is too much grouting but I don't want to spoil them. They are outside near our secret garden we don't use it much as its away from the main house. I wonder if I should have my man seal the tiles and just leave them.I like the old look but I do not want to lose any of them to the elements.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Vinegar & hot water, buff up after, does the trick
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:38 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by busters mum
Vinegar & hot water, buff up after, does the trick
that it and it works ask my mum and told me same and it dose it
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks folks I'll try your suggestions. The house is only 7 months old so I don't want it looking tired already.

Rose
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Thanks folks I'll try your suggestions. The house is only 7 months old so I don't want it looking tired already.

Rose
If you are using bleach or disinfectant in the water this may be making your tiles look dull.

Rosemary