Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIE - Passport Checks

Wikiposts

TIE - Passport Checks

Old May 13th 2024, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIE - Passport Checks

Originally Posted by bolton wanderer
No but yes? sounds like the vicar of Dibley. Just take the official line of NO and you'll be OK.
​​​Totally agree
Old May 14th 2024, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Came back through Málaga airport passport control this evening ..The only points open were non EU . The queue moved through fairly quickly with the sound of constant passports being stamped. We handed our passports and TIEs over together and after checking both we were through with no stamp. All very smooth .
Old May 14th 2024, 10:22 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
after checking both we were through with no stamp.
Interesting how this is always a lottery. Not that it matters, I never pay attention to those stamps but merely keep my boarding passes for future reference. If anyone questions why something doesn't add up I'll just lay out the BPs and then they can point the blame wherever they want (not my problem)...
Old May 16th 2024, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1sexsmith
So your argument means you should therefore enter UK through EU channel seeing you are not a UK resident, it is not your home and you don't pay your taxes there.I imagine that is probably a more dispiriting experience than entering Spain as a UK national
What airport has different lanes for UK nationals and a separate one for EU nationals? Any one I have been through in the last 5 years there's been 2 lanes, one for UK, EU and a few other countries, and one for everyone else.
Old Jun 17th 2024, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

We went back to the UK for a few days returning to Malaga last night. On the way out of Malaga, I noticed the EU lane has now been properly separated off with EU/non EU people going in different directions to different booths so no more lane blocking. There was quite a queue at the non EU section but nothing too terrible. EES scanners have been installed but obviously not operational yet.

Coming back last night was chaos. Our flight was channelled to the non Schengen section of the airport and we initially went past about 20 EES scanners covered in plastic. We then approached a ramp type walkway I have never seen before and the queue was backed up to the top and the area in the hall beneath us was literally packed full of people snaking round the barriers in a massive queue . It took a while to realise that EU and non EU people were all being held up on the ramp and EU people (mostly Irish) were unable to get the the EU queue. In the end, it was so clogged up, a border guard let some British people into the EU queue to relieve the pressure on the ramp (weight presumably) which meant our queue became much longer and slower (because of checking through the pages of each passport and passport stamping) and quite a few of my Irish compatriots were complaining. I noticed that as soon as they had cleared what they considered to be an adequate number of people from the ramp, they stopped British people joining our queue and they had to join the incredibly long and slow moving third country queue.

I think the greater segregation that will come about with EES and ETIAS will benefit everyone because the current system is not great but I assume it's only temporary until October.