Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The thunder storms

The thunder storms

Old Dec 25th 2009, 1:03 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of
Default The thunder storms

Hola Been here a week now im feed up with the storm, last night was really wild i video it last night , i dont know how my wee boy slept through It never heard a thing. It was nice wake up to no rain and now the thunder is back again . And now the power gone out. Great i was about put a chicken in the oven , so it maybe a sandwich tonight then.

feliiz navidad
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:55 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The thunder storms

300 miles up the coast, we had a sunny day, but tonight it’s torrential rain, it must have moved up from the CDS.

But have you seen the weather from Scotland? They’re snowed in, all over the place.

Mind you, the electric is probably still on up there, I hope you got a decent sandwich at Mijas Costa. I was going to recommend the 24-hour square to drown your sorrows, but you can’t if you’ve got a wee boy. I hope the sun shines tomorrow.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:17 am
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HBG
300 miles up the coast, we had a sunny day, but tonight it’s torrential rain, it must have moved up from the CDS.

But have you seen the weather from Scotland? They’re snowed in, all over the place.

Mind you, the electric is probably still on up there, I hope you got a decent sandwich at Mijas Costa. I was going to recommend the 24-hour square to drown your sorrows, but you can’t if you’ve got a wee boy. I hope the sun shines tomorrow.

Hi the power did come back on and had our chicken was really great. Where i live in 1314 there only inch of snow , but last few months it been in - figures nearly everyday. Bit of a trail to go 24hr square . And the thunder still here keeping us company , well least the garden getting a good watering then.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:15 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

We're in the mountains and it hasn't stopped raining ... and I mean raining ... for a week. Bit of a window this morning .. well long enough to get out and clear up a bit ... keep losing the TV and electricity ... thank god for gas cookers and fire!!! Neverending at the minute, at least the reservoirs should be filling up.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:50 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We're in the Sierra Nevada mountains. It has been raining for five days. There have been many landslides, large and small, (some friends of ours have lost half their land), roads are impassable and all our houses are leaking in. There are flash floods and large torrential rivers where none have existed for decades. Electricity goes on and off.

Luckily we have a gas cooker and water heater and a woodburner (but that filled up with rain the other day!).

The water from the taps is brown with sediment but luckily we have various fountains that are fresh spring water around the village.

Stopped raining now. Let's hope it stays stopped and then maybe I can get rid of the buckets, boxes, cool boxes and large storage boxes that are collecting the water in the living room.

(Sings: 'so here it is, merry Christmas, everybody's having fun...' )