Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thumbs up to Telefonica

Thumbs up to Telefonica

Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:01 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thumbs up to Telefonica

Moved this morning, on line with phone and ADSL installed, checked etc. by 16:30, Can't complain about the service in any way, they were due to be here at 15:00, rang this morning to ask if 16:00 would be OK, he was here 15 mins early, and away with everything checked and working in just over 30 mins. This is the sort of service we have ALWAYS had from Telefonica, maybe we are just lucky?..
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thumbs up to Telefonica

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Moved this morning, on line with phone and ADSL installed, checked etc. by 16:30, Can't complain about the service in any way, they were due to be here at 15:00, rang this morning to ask if 16:00 would be OK, he was here 15 mins early, and away with everything checked and working in just over 30 mins. This is the sort of service we have ALWAYS had from Telefonica, maybe we are just lucky?..
Don't think so - we had exactly the same when we moved down south - brilliant
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

SaintMic is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wait until something goes wrong, or you move and want to cancel the line. Then, and only then, will you see the true, "charge you for no reason, refuse to send you confirmation that your line has been terminated even though you've moved across the country and then fine you 6 months later for not paying a bill you asked them - repeatedly - to cancel half a year ago", Telefonica.

Still, until the point you want your wrongfully charged money back, or you want to cancel the contract, they're brilliant!
Old Mar 7th 2008, 4:51 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SaintMic
Just wait until something goes wrong, or you move and want to cancel the line. Then, and only then, will you see the true, "charge you for no reason, refuse to send you confirmation that your line has been terminated even though you've moved across the country and then fine you 6 months later for not paying a bill you asked them - repeatedly - to cancel half a year ago", Telefonica.

Still, until the point you want your wrongfully charged money back, or you want to cancel the contract, they're brilliant!

sounds fun
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:13 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaintMic

Have already moved twice, still no problems, however we are just transferring the line each time, no paperwork to fill in at all.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:30 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with you Mike, I havent had any problems with Telefonica. Even when Adsl went down they were out within an hour or so and didnt leave until they had sorted it 2 days later
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:45 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I have to agree with you Mike, I havent had any problems with Telefonica. Even when Adsl went down they were out within an hour or so and didnt leave until they had sorted it 2 days later
I hope you fed them well
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:16 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
I hope you fed them well
Luckily they were down the road
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

jaquelina is an unknown quantity at this point

I also was full of praise for telefonica. We moved house and my new line, plus ADSL and imagenio(TV) was up and working within two days of moving in to our new place.
Then, 2 weeks ago, everything went dead. We rang the English customer services and were tole that there were technical problems in the area and that someone would come to fix it. Two days passed and we rang again. Same story. After a week we rang again and were told that there was no technical fault. We had been cut off because we hadn´t paid our bills and we would have to pay a security of 290€ to get the line reinstated. We checked our bank and everything was up to date. After 5 more stressful phone calls we were told that the outstanding amount was for our previous number at our old address. These bills were all for several months after we had moved and cancelled the line.
Many calls later...most ended with the customer service person putting the phone down on me, we were told that we never cancelled the other line, that we had to pay the bills and the security or we would not only not be able to have a telephone, but that we would never be able to have a contract with Telefonica again.:curse:
Then a Spanish friend told us to insist on speaking to a supervisor. This took 7 attempts. The first 6 times, I was told that there was not a supervisor available, that we had no right to speak to a supervisor etc. On the 6 th call, I was told, okay, go and pay the bills for the old address and we will cancel the 290€ charge. We were instructed to go to a post office and that the line line would be back on within four hours of the electronic transfer. 6 hours later..nothing. Finally I got to speak to a supervisor. To cut a long and tediously boring story short, he agreed that the mistake was theirs not mine. I am to be refunded the money I paid for the old number ( I will believe that when it goes into my account), and the line, ADSL and TV would be back on in 24 hours. It actually took 48 hours, but hey, this is Spain.
My advice, if at first you don´t succeed with telefonica, keep trying. Keep calm, they won´t help you if you shout, and just don´t give in until you get what you want. Customer service here in Spain? HAHAHHA Big thumb down from me
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:13 am
Just Joined

expatnevergoingback will become famous soon enough

I'm happy that you had a positive experience with Telefonica mikelincs, but let's be clear -you are the exception that proves the rule.
Telefonica customer service in my experience is abysmal. They have contributed to my worst experiences in Spain. 4 months to connect my phone line. Over 1 year to get ADSL. The quality of my line varies on a daily basis and frequently the line goes down for days on end. Then I have to talk to the surly customer service, who on the whole have been downright unpleasant and rude.
The quality of telecoms infrastructure in Spain is among the lowest in Europe. & whats the latest news (apart from the share price falling again) -the geniuses at telefonica are thinking about splashing out on a football club. I bet the investors love that idea...
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Impey is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike,
Congrats on moving to your new place.

Is that your granddaughter in your photo?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatnevergoingback
4 months to connect my phone line.
Only 4 months, mine took just over three years and the pole is outside my gate.

ONO however dug up the road across my driveway to lay their cable and I cannot get connected to them. Maybe if I demolished the house and built a block of flats with numerous customers they would oblige.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:17 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Impey
Mike,

Is that your granddaughter in your photo?

Yes it is..she's just great... except when she is having one of her paddys, mind you she leaves the terrible twos in April, so things should get better...
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Excellent for me as well.

The line was on 4 days and went on one could not phone out etc. They were straight out and sorted.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I myself 'as you Mike' have found Telefonica generally to be responsive and fixed promptly any problems with my phones or adsl that I have had.

They have got problems but they are not with this side of things but I definitely cannot complain on them not being up to speed on getting problems sorted.

Last edited by Econ; Mar 9th 2008 at 4:45 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.