Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Three child kidnapping attempts under investigation in Mijas

Three child kidnapping attempts under investigation in Mijas

Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:16 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Three child kidnapping attempts under investigation in Mijas

Just thought it may help to be aware of this if your in that region.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_24421.shtml

Diario Sur has revealed this Monday that the Civil Guard are investigating three attempted kidnappings of children in Mijas, involving youngsters with ages ranging from 12 to 15.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three child kidnapping attempts under investigation in Mijas

They must be wrong, doesn't happen in Spain, your kids can play out until 2am in the morning Unless it is some British bloke
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:08 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
They must be wrong, doesn't happen in Spain, your kids can play out until 2am in the morning Unless it is some British bloke
Is this something to make light about?
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:08 am
Just Joined

cissy is an unknown quantity at this point

you have gotten kidding
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 6:26 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I can see that your new years resolution is to be less cynical and bitter (NOT).

It is such a shame that parents have to be so vigilant because of some sikkos out there.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
It is such a shame that parents have to be so vigilant because of some sikkos out there.
Agree, and I fear it will get worse, with so much stuff easily available on the internet etc. The OP´s view won´t be popular here, people still like to tell us all about the tight knit Spanish family units, but it´s a fact that Spain is no different to anywhere else in this respect, unfortunately it happens.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Agree, and I fear it will get worse, with so much stuff easily available on the internet etc. The OP´s view won´t be popular here, people still like to tell us all about the tight knit Spanish family units, but it´s a fact that Spain is no different to anywhere else in this respect, unfortunately it happens.
Heard it about 10 days ago or so.... in the general same area as Amy Fitzpatrick disappeared, I think, someone with a white van. Certainly put the wind up my OH when we (with 7yo) stayed in Mijas a couple of weeks back. Still, I continue to feel secure at home in the campo.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

This type of thing can happen any where anytime.

The wrong place wrong time saying still holds strong.

I cannot imagine what the families go through.

People call me neurotic and Im glad to be just that.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paintermujer
This type of thing can happen any where anytime.

The wrong place wrong time saying still holds strong.

I cannot imagine what the families go through.

People call me neurotic and Im glad to be just that.
I agree, people like this are opportunists.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:27 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

The begining of December this hit the news,

"A 17 year old girl who had been missing from Pontevedra, Galicia, since Tuesday has been found dead this Thursday morning. The body of Alejandra Soto-Alján was discovered in woods in Redondela, around one kilometre from her home in the area of O Viso, and was identified as that of the missing teenager by her family, Europa Press reports".
Old Jan 4th 2010, 6:03 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
The begining of December this hit the news,

"A 17 year old girl who had been missing from Pontevedra, Galicia, since Tuesday has been found dead this Thursday morning. The body of Alejandra Soto-Alján was discovered in woods in Redondela, around one kilometre from her home in the area of O Viso, and was identified as that of the missing teenager by her family, Europa Press reports".
stop trying to scare everyone

of course abductions & murders happen in Spain, as everywhere

but the case of Alejandra wasn't one - I remember the news reports at the time

her body was found within 48 hours in woods close to her home, there were no signs of violence & the autopsy showed that she had taken too many 'pastilles' of some description, and fallen down

the most recent online report I can find
suggests that the autopsy showed she most probably died from hypothermia
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:58 am
Banned

If everybody is aware murders and abductions happen everywhere how by posting news articles am I scaring people ?

I have meet people who allow there children far more freedom to roam in Spain than they would in the UK, believing that Spain does not harm children.

Maybe Madeline and Amy would still be alive if there parents became a bit more scared.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

If everybody is aware murders and abductions happen everywhere how by posting news articles am I scaring people ?

I have meet people who allow there children far more freedom to roam in Spain than they would in the UK, believing that Spain does not harm children.

Maybe Madeline and Amy would still be alive if there parents became a bit more scared.
I think you've got things mixed up..

The danger is that parents believe there is actually a danger and don't give their children the freedom they need to enjoy themselves and to become rounded human beings.

The world is no more violent or dangerous than it has ever been. However, in the UK it is now strange to see children playing in the streets all day (like I used to when i was a kid 20 years ago). Instead they are playing computer games and on the internet, getting fat, socially undeveloped and with a warped commercial view of the world.

Let your kids do whatever they want out the house! They'll be all the better for it.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

By giving your children less 'freedom to roam' you are not protecting them from abduction. It can happen anywhere, a man tried to abduct me from my school when I was 5 and I was almost pulled into a car when I was 19 while walking home in broad daylight.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cricketman
I think you've got things mixed up..
Really.

How.

I haven't posted any solution/opinion only article's and stated "be aware".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.