Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A thread for those ARGH! moments :(

A thread for those ARGH! moments :(

Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:43 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A thread for those ARGH! moments :(

Thought it would be a good idea for a thread to get your daily frustrations off your chest!

Hey it's cheaper and less hassle than therapy!

I'll start.... ANGRY BOY RACERS WHO THINK THEY OWN THE ROAD!!! ARGH!

Yesterday I was coming back from visiting some friends, got within a few miles of home and the mini in front of me suddenly without notice slammed on its brakes and turned right to get a parking spot.

The car BEHIND ME sounded its horn as tbh it was incredibly dangerous thing to do.

Didn't think anything of it then 200 metres down the road I see the same red mini pulling up fast behind me he came along side and literally hung out the window throwing every abusive comment you could possibly imagine as he thought it was I beeped at him!

I told him otherwise but the guy must have been on drugs as he chased me for about a mile trying to force me off the road, hanging out the window trying to hit my car - All this because someone sounded their horn at him!

Thought about stopping, getting out and confronting him but obviously you hear the stories of what goes on in major cities at the moment (guns etc) and he was getting more and more wound up so decided it wasn't a good idea.

Still chasing me around residential roads, couldn't call for help as I didn't want to stop as it may give him a chance at doing something, making sure I was driving as safely as possible (re pedestrians) - he didn't give a toss still hanging off the end of my rear bumper, hanging out of the car screaming and balling.

Decided the only way to actually end this is put some distance between us but that's impossible in a built up area with give-ways etc so used back streets to get onto the A3 and put my foot down and thankfully as I was in my M5 he was left behind..

Quite worrying really and yet another reason why I want out of this hell hole of a country. I could goto the police but what would they do? All I know it was a mouthy yob in a red mini convertible.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A thread for those ARGH! moments :(

I had a similar thing once, was much younger then! After about 30 minutes of "the chase", I thought this is stupid, So I stopped.
Unfortunately, it was an off duty policeman!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:51 am
zel

Originally Posted by valenciatim
I had a similar thing once, was much younger then! After about 30 minutes of "the chase", I thought this is stupid, So I stopped.
that was after the bank job right?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
that was after the bank job right?
No, before unfortunately
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Zel, you live in a crappy part of the country don't you?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:54 am
zel

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Zel, you live in a crappy part of the country don't you?
Supposedly not... well for London anyway.. Leafy Wimbledon!

Tho that doesn't mean much as I've had an attempted car jacking in my street a few years ago
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zel

Tho that doesn't mean much as I've had an attempted car jacking in my street a few years ago
Well there's your answer. It was one of those bloody Wombles again
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:57 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you enjoyed the chase
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Thought you enjoyed the chase
Not going to bite!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Not going to bite!
Thats a shame
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:05 am
zel

Well there's your answer. It was one of those bloody Wombles again
It's all a bit worrying tho

Before all I know it could have been some elaborate attempt at car jacking/robbing me, wanting me to stop and confront him etc.

Must say it was the first time I've ever felt threatened living in the UK and it's not a nice feeling and if you are one to believe the press about yob culture and how easy it is for them to get guns and kill each other for someone calling them a name it will only get worse and to be honest, I don't want to be around to see if it happens or not.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zel

Before all I know it could have been some elaborate attempt at car jacking/robbing me, wanting me to stop and confront him etc.

Must say it was the first time I've ever felt threatened living in the UK and it's not a nice feeling and if you are one to believe the press about yob culture and how easy it is for them to get guns and kill each other for someone calling them a name it will only get worse and to be honest, I don't want to be around to see if it happens or not.
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:10 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by zel

You so right zel - it is very scarey - i work with kids and i see how angry some of them are in their early teenage years and you just know that some of them are gonna become very dangerous adults - all we can hope is that they take the right path in their future
Take care xxx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel

This is why I drive a Landrover discovery with a VERY aggressive dog and always have my work axes on show!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:13 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
This is why I drive a Landrover discovery with a VERY aggressive dog and always have my work axes on show!
Yeh ive got 3 vicious dogs as well - they bark a lot when people come in but then roll over for a belly rub - great guard dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.