Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving - but we need help!!

Thinking of moving - but we need help!!

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

pinkwendylady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving - but we need help!!

Hi! My family & I are hoping to move out to somewhere between Aliante and Murcia later this year and schools are our priority. We've looked at both of the King's College schools and fees seem pretty steep as we have one 11yo and one 7yo. Are there any other English-speaking schools with good academic grades we should be considering please?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:52 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving - but we need help!!

There are several international schools situated in and between Alicante and Murcia. The schools in Ciudad Quesada and San Miguel de Salinas get good recommendations from those I have spoken with.

Fees are steep, but less than one might pay in the UK for private education.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkwendylady
Hi! My family & I are hoping to move out to somewhere between Aliante and Murcia later this year and schools are our priority. We've looked at both of the King's College schools and fees seem pretty steep as we have one 11yo and one 7yo. Are there any other English-speaking schools with good academic grades we should be considering please?
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 4th 2014, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your help!! Is there a large ex-pat community around Torrevieja?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkwendylady
Thank you for your help!! Is there a large ex-pat community around Torrevieja?
A awful lot larger than I could have imagined.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Brilliant!! We're coming out on the 21st of Feb for a recce visit so we're hoping to meet some expats and get their advice/opinions!!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Many years ago we stayed at Villamartin and had to meet the owners of the place we were renting in the "square". It's a group of shops, restaurants, bars etc and we were sat outside having a beer for about half an hour when my wife asked me if I had noticed anything strange. "Nope", says I, "I haven't heard anyone speaking Spanish since we have been here" And it was true!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by agoreira
Many years ago we stayed at Villamartin and had to meet the owners of the place we were renting in the "square". It's a group of shops, restaurants, bars etc and we were sat outside having a beer for about half an hour when my wife asked me if I had noticed anything strange. "Nope", says I, "I haven't heard anyone speaking Spanish since we have been here" And it was true!
The school we're thinking of is in Villamartin - perhaps we should head for the Square whilst we're there!! Although that might make us look like weirdo stalkers - perhaps not!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

We've always known that place as the "Plaza" as told us by the locals!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt we will ever see Cman in the Plaza !
Old Feb 16th 2014, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Simon Rubio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wendy
I Hope you are well and looking forward to your move.
I have been on Orihuela Costa for ten years so if I can help please don't hesitate to ask.
Re Colleges one of the best international colleges is New Castelar College in San Pedro, recently taken over by a very powerful group from the area and certainly offering the best education at reasonable prices compared to it's competition.
If I can be of further help please don't hesitate to contact me.
All the best
Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Wow Simon - that's very kind of you!! I could probably spend all evening asking questions - silly little things really that pop up and keep me awake at night like how do we register with a dentist, how do I bring my car over and register it and other ridiculous questions!!!! We contacted El Limonar International School in Villamartin and they coincidentally have an open day on Tues 25th so we can have a look around there! We're really excited at the idea of moving out to Spain - need to contact a few estate agents and see if we can get some viewings booked in for whilst we are there too!! But the kids can't wait!!
Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt we will ever see Cman in the Plaza !
Nor me, never again! Yes, plaza was the name, I wasn't sure that's why I put "square". It was several years ago.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Rubio
Hi Wendy
I Hope you are well and looking forward to your move.
I have been on Orihuela Costa for ten years so if I can help please don't hesitate to ask.
Re Colleges one of the best international colleges is New Castelar College in San Pedro, recently taken over by a very powerful group from the area and certainly offering the best education at reasonable prices compared to it's competition.
If I can be of further help please don't hesitate to contact me.
All the best
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

The Plaza is a place where it's predominantly brit tourists and expats. I can't imagine why Spanish folk would want to frequent the place!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.