Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of going back to Britain?

Thinking of going back to Britain?

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:14 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thinking of going back to Britain?

Best of luck! You'll need it!

"A man who left a 96-year-old war veteran blind in one eye after attacking him on a packed tram has been given a three-year supervision order."

There's even a photo of the incident on the BBC site.....and the guy walked free.

How screwed up is that?

Source HERE!

But never fear, there's now plans to reduce crime statistics.....because they want to raise the age of criminal responsibilty from 10 up to possibly 18.

And if under 18's commit really grave crimes.....they get a residential training order.

Source HERE!

And hell.....if they're over 18.....they'll just walk free anyway!

Spain may not be perfect....but I'll take my chances with the guntoting Guardia Civil!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of going back to Britain?

I saw that this afternoon ... what the hell?

Also the two 12ish year olds that got convicted of killing that 60 odd year old bloke on a playing ground and got 2 years detention . His on or grandson had to watch his father die .... 2 years
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Credit to the two lads who ran after the twat.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Credit to the two lads who ran after the twat.
Yeah theyll wonder if its worth the effort next time
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:21 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yeah theyll wonder if its worth the effort next time
I hope they don't, a little more of it and the World would be a better place.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:22 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I hope they don't, a little more of it and the World would be a better place.

Eh?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:22 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

You know what'll happen don't you? Somebody will go looking for him, give him a real pasting, then they'll get jailed by the courts, and sued by the guy.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:25 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Eh?
He's got the whole world, in his hands,
he's got the whole world in his hands..............

sing along!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Spain isn't perfect. On the news tonight a guy kicked a woman in the face and then punched her (on a bus or train). Being treated as a racial attack.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:16 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Spain isn't perfect. On the news tonight a guy kicked a woman in the face and then punched her (on a bus or train). Being treated as a racial attack.
You're not confusing that with the Spanish national sport of wifebeating are you?

(The above one-liner was to give sos73 another Babelfish moment)
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Nope, wasn't a domestic. Was just a stranger on a bus/train. Captured on CCTV.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Found a link of it

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/espana/...6814491382.htm
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:21 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Nope, wasn't a domestic. Was just a stranger on a bus/train. Captured on CCTV.

I watched this on the news earlier, I was shocked as the attack on this young girl went on for a while, the whole time the attacker was on his mobile phone. There was a young lady sat just a few seats away, she made a point of not looking to wards the attacker, I'm not sure if there was any one else in the tain carriage it look as if there wasn't.

Also reported to day and yesterday that binge drinking is fast becoming a problem as well, when I say today I think it might be yesterday now, it's a bit late.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:29 am
Mucho Macho

These sorts of incidents can happen anywhere. But the difference is how the different legal systems deal with them.
Bearing in mind the whole incident in the UK was captured on film, and the serious injuries sustained by the victim......can anybody actually suggest any other country where the perpetrator would have walked out from court grinning?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
These sorts of incidents can happen anywhere. But the difference is how the different legal systems deal with them.
Bearing in mind the whole incident in the UK was captured on film, and the serious injuries sustained by the victim......can anybody actually suggest any other country where the perpetrator would have walked out from court grinning?

I too was horrified when I read that story Pete

The hoodlum wants stringing up, and British law is an ass!!
And to think that poor victim fought for the rights of these demented individuals.
It makes me sick.

The Spanish story is also horrendous.
How those people on the train could have just sat there and watched, I don't know
Hopefully Pete is right to have faith in the Spanish system giving the perpetrator an appropriate sentence.

I know it's only generally bad news that makes headlines, but yesterday's British news was full of similar stories to those quoted in this thread.
Sometimes I really wonder how one human being can behave this way towards another; and what is happening to society that makes some people think it's OK to behave in such a manner???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.