Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying in Torrevieja

Thinking of buying in Torrevieja

Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

josie22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of buying in Torrevieja

And what bit off ' I do and always have put my children first'. Don't you understand!!!! U talk about this forum like its the only thing in your life...you really do need to get a life ?
Old Sep 17th 2013, 5:52 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

If you are intending to rent before buying and you already have the school sorted, then why not look for a rental that is the most covenient for the school, especially if you intend to walk.

The cold wet mornings, although not on a par with the UK are still cold and wet, and the shorter the walk the better.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

chaddyandyance is an unknown quantity at this point

oh.. dear lol.. anyway.. back to the initial question some years ago about buying
we are pondering about buying a small holiday home in either Villamartin SanMiguel, La Marina Algorfa or Entre Naranjos.. while the prices are good.. we are cash buyers so in a position to move fast.. Here is a question to hopefully ex pats who live in these areas or outside looking in.. which would be the best area to buy in at the moment?.. We have been used to staying in Entre Naranjos in our friends apartment but now want to buy ourselves..We are only looking for an apartment nothing large just a normal 1/2 beds for us and our family to use for short breaks.. many thanks in advance to replies given
Old Sep 19th 2013, 6:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaddyandyance
oh.. dear lol.. anyway.. back to the initial question some years ago about buying
we are pondering about buying a small holiday home in either Villamartin SanMiguel, La Marina Algorfa or Entre Naranjos.. while the prices are good.. we are cash buyers so in a position to move fast.. Here is a question to hopefully ex pats who live in these areas or outside looking in.. which would be the best area to buy in at the moment?.. We have been used to staying in Entre Naranjos in our friends apartment but now want to buy ourselves..We are only looking for an apartment nothing large just a normal 1/2 beds for us and our family to use for short breaks.. many thanks in advance to replies given
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 19th 2013, 6:11 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaddyandyance
Of those you have listed, I would choose San Miguel. It is an established town with better facilities than those others which are urbanisations. However, we all have different priorities and my advice is to buy where you like best ......
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Of those you have listed, I would choose San Miguel. It is an established town with better facilities than those others which are urbanisations. However, we all have different priorities and my advice is to buy where you like best ......
Hi

I don't live there as yet but I want to say that I really would give Villamartin a miss, San Miguel is lovely, As Missile says only you will know what suits you,
Old Sep 20th 2013, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

For me it is Entrenaranjos every time. I really don't see what attracts people to San Miguel, i prefer peace, quiet, lovely scenery etc. it is also central to so many villages. There are bars and restaurants as well as the golf club, padel tennis and a superb bowling green. Lots of groups for walking, fishing, snooker etc. and everybody is so friendly.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

RE - San Miguel - I liked the views of the Salt lakes, the town was bit higgledy piggledy though.

Surrounding views too.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by josie22
Sunbeds are not good for you ??? Haha, the way I see it is its 2half hrs away on a plane, its takes me longer to vist my eldest son who is a teacher an lives in Leicester by train, so I don't call it relocating as such, your just buying another property and selling your old one !! Like you do most off your life? Relocating in my eyes is like my nephew did going to the Australia and leaving all your friends and family, I no everyone doesn't think like me but its just another chapter in your live ?? I say try it , or live to regret it when your to old
It's just taken me 7.5 hours to get back door to door, admittedly I used Alicante not Murcia, but it was a good run and I have 4 UK airports at my disposal, tbh 2 & a half hours is not realistic. Hope you know what you are getting yourself into, and have realistic expectations. I'm just catching up so haven't read all your other posts.