Reload this Page >

Thinking of Buying Property in Javea

Thinking of Buying Property in Javea

Old May 29th 2013, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Milchman51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of Buying Property in Javea

Hi

My wife and I are in the process of looking for a suitable holiday/buy to let home in Javea. With the intention of moving there in five years or so. We have never actually been to Javea, although we have driven through Costa Blanca and spent time in Calpe. My youngest will be five years old by the time we hope to move. Therefore, we would require somewhere fairly near the International school. I was hoping to get some general advice on the area, ex pat life, Spanish life, where to buy, where not to buy and an overall feel. We have our eye on several properties one in Montgo Toscamar and the other in Tosalet.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oli
Old May 29th 2013, 10:18 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of Buying Property in Javea

Originally Posted by Milchman51
Hi

My wife and I are in the process of looking for a suitable holiday/buy to let home in Javea. With the intention of moving there in five years or so. We have never actually been to Javea, although we have driven through Costa Blanca and spent time in Calpe. My youngest will be five years old by the time we hope to move. Therefore, we would require somewhere fairly near the International school. I was hoping to get some general advice on the area, ex pat life, Spanish life, where to buy, where not to buy and an overall feel. We have our eye on several properties one in Montgo Toscamar and the other in Tosalet.

Thanks

Oli
Why an International school, the 5 year old would be perfect for a normal Spanish school, and would quickly pick up Spanish. The biggest question is would you have to work in Spain, with current unemployment rate of, officially, around 30% work for a non native Spanish person without fluent Spanish would be extremely difficult as employers have such a huge pool of native Spanih to choose from.
Old May 29th 2013, 10:22 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Oli

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2013, 11:15 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Oli
I've lived in Jávea for getting on for 10 years now - my children were 4 & 7 when we came & have grown up here

my advice re: buying to let - don't unless you don't NEED to let it in order to buy it - if you can afford a mortgage or pay outright then go for it - but although one agent friend of mine is struggling to find properties to let, that's for proper, long term 4-5 year contracts - not for holiday lets - the holiday let agents still have availability just a few weeks before the season starts at the end of June

for lving here though - I'd agree with mikelincs - I wouldn't put a 5 year old into International school - I'd certainly try Spanish school first - you'll certainly find that your child (& you as well )becomes part of the community more quickly if s/he is mixing with Spanish kids who live nearby rather than a school bus ride away

if you really want to be near the International school which is actually in Jávea then you need to be on the Cabo La Nao - the Montgo area is the other side of town

if you're determined to go the Inetrnational route though, take a look at http://laudeladyelizabeth.com/ - it's only just up the road in Benitatxell & has a VERY good reputation
Old May 29th 2013, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Milchman51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Old May 31st 2013, 7:40 am
Just Joined

AnthonyJavea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I am a newly arrived expat in Javea (February) and also I am an estate agent.
Lynne's info is bang on and she is also my Spanish teacher (very good by the way).
<snip>
Good luck!

Anthony

Last edited by Sue; May 31st 2013 at 8:06 am. Reason: Welcome to BE but please take a quick gander of rule 9 of the site rules. Thank you :)
Old May 31st 2013, 7:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnthonyJavea
Hi there,

I am a newly arrived expat in Javea (February) and also I am an estate agent.
Lynne's info is bang on and she is also my Spanish teacher (very good by the way).

Good luck!

Anthony
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

You are not able to send or receive PM´s at the moment and as this is an excellent topic it would be helpful to other members if the subject was discussed on the open forum. Also this would ensure that you are showing that you have not joined the forum in order to advertise your business but in order to join in with the various discussions that take place.

I like Javea, it seems to have everything that people want.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; May 31st 2013 at 9:21 am.
Old May 31st 2013, 8:38 am
Just Joined

AnthonyJavea is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the guidance Rosemary!

Oli:
My advice would be book a trip out here and get a feel for the place. Summer is completely different to the rest of the year as holiday-makers swell the population dramatically. Some restaurants and bars open just for this period and there is a buzz about the place.
The rest of the year the weather is usually great, if a little unsettled. Feb and March are the worst months, but nothing as bad as the UK.

Most people come thinking they can buy a villa on the beach, but sadly this is not possible as these types of houses don't come up for sale very often and if they did they would be very expensive. There are tons of very nice apartments in close proximity to the sea however, and they tend to newer more modern and very good value in my opinion. Very good rental potential too.

Montgo Toscamar is a lovely area and there are fantastic views of the Montgo and Javea, but a little bit away from things. Tosalet is realistically the closest you can get to the Arenal end of town in a Villa. Poles apart basically.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your feedback.