Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things we may have forgotten to do...

Things we may have forgotten to do...

Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

bigfred is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things we may have forgotten to do...

My wife and I are hoping to move to spain in April 2008 with our baby boy... Although it is best part of a year away, planning it all is in full swing...

We are just wanting some advice from others of things we may forget... we have the obvious stuff in mind... i.e passports, travelling expenses, somewhere to live, jobs, blah blah blah... But what are the hidden costs or things that we should, or would be advised, to do that aren't so obvious.

Did any of that make sense? I hope so.... We really want to make a go of things, so please, no matter how daft...
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things we may have forgotten to do...

Originally Posted by bigfred
My wife and I are hoping to move to spain in April 2008 with our baby boy... Although it is best part of a year away, planning it all is in full swing...

We are just wanting some advice from others of things we may forget... we have the obvious stuff in mind... i.e passports, travelling expenses, somewhere to live, jobs, blah blah blah... But what are the hidden costs or things that we should, or would be advised, to do that aren't so obvious.

Did any of that make sense? I hope so.... We really want to make a go of things, so please, no matter how daft...
Medical things, sort out your E106, ensure you get digest of medical records from GP to bring with you. You may well need to arrange some sort of Medical insurance as you are obviously not retired.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Think about future financial planning as accounts opened in UK can usually be continued when you live abroad, but most UK investments can´t be opened by non residents. It might be worth for example opening a savings account now for your child at a good rate of interest with 10 pounds in it in case you want to add to it in the future.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 11:00 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lis48
Think about future financial planning as accounts opened in UK can usually be continued when you live abroad, but most UK investments can´t be opened by non residents. It might be worth for example opening a savings account now for your child at a good rate of interest with 10 pounds in it in case you want to add to it in the future.