Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things we hate about Britain...and are they any better in Spain ??

Things we hate about Britain...and are they any better in Spain ??

Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:27 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things we hate about Britain...and are they any better in Spain ??

Originally Posted by tommyg
Hi glad 2 b back,

I am in the town centre of Torrevieja, Costa Blanca which is 90% Spanish unlike the urbs out of town. Generally we get on fine with the Spanish but I had to reply when their good manners were mentioned. Clearly it is a cultural thing and not just aimed at expats, this is how they are with everyone including other Spanish people. As for men doing number 1`s openly this seems just an everyday thing, we are more use to that after pub closing times in the UK. I haven`t seen alfresco sex yet, although I have heard that the girls on the roundabouts out of town, are busy most nights.

Tom
Hi Tom

My gran used to live in Torrevieja a few years ago, I never went down there though. But she would always have someone over to stay as she was so lonely. In the end she moved to England, and now she is back in Ireland living with her daughter.

I noticed my daughter who has always been very polite since she learned how to talk she said please and thank you...stopped, and would become quite rude which I really didn't like. She would say 'thats the way everyone is' but I wouldn't have it, I can't stand rudeness, I always say please and thank you especially in shops and thankfully now she has her manners back.

I don't oppose to al fresco sex, just in the middle of the day, practically on my doorstep lovers down the beach at 2 in the morning fine.

Also I did notice many a brothel..while living in Spain, it seems to be an accepted thing. I couldn't understand how the council knocked down a 35metre house, but let them open up a 3 storey (don't know the metreage) but very big, brothel in town, with bright red neon lights....maybe its for the tourists
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things we hate about Britain...and are they any better in Spain ??

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Hi Tom

Also I did notice many a brothel..while living in Spain, it seems to be an accepted thing. I couldn't understand how the council knocked down a 35metre house, but let them open up a 3 storey (don't know the metreage) but very big, brothel in town, with bright red neon lights....maybe its for the tourists
The point is that brothels are perfectly legal in Spain, and that working in a brothel, the girls, and boys, have to have regular medicals. All the local english language papers carry 'Adult Personal' adverts, and many of them state, 'medical certificate'.