Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things to stock up on!!

Things to stock up on!!

Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things to stock up on!!

Hi,
My friends in Spain say that i should stock up on things that are expensive, and there are things i will be taking in bulk.

Is there anything that you wish you stocked up on?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:26 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to stock up on!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
My friends in Spain say that i should stock up on things that are expensive, and there are things i will be taking in bulk.

Cheddar cheese. But it would have gone off anyway.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I was told, gravy, coffee, tea bags, and i know about clothes which gives me an excuse to stock up before we go
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Hi Miss Naughty
My friend lives in Spain and buys all Spanish food, except her PG tips
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:06 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

I was told, gravy, coffee, tea bags, and i know about clothes which gives me an excuse to stock up before we go
Why coffee??? I don't understand that one. Coffee comes in many many varieties and is easily available here.

What do you know about clothes? My missus has become a really snappy dresser since we moved here. The Spanish are much more stylish than the Brits and she likes to keep up with the Joneses. Or Gonzalezes or Garcias or whatever.

I have to stock up on Christmas and birthday cards everytime I go back to the UK cos the Spanish don't send them. (you get card shops on the costas though which cater for the tourists)
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why coffee??? I don't understand that one. Coffee comes in many many varieties and is easily available here.

What do you know about clothes? My missus has become a really snappy dresser since we moved here. The Spanish are much more stylish than the Brits and she likes to keep up with the Joneses. Or Gonzalezes or Garcias or whatever.

I have to stock up on Christmas and birthday cards everytime I go back to the UK cos the Spanish don't send them. (you get card shops on the costas though which cater for the tourists)
I have heard that the clothes are different shaped than over here and i do like some clothes there, but i do like the english style of clothes, and it would be great to look sophisticated some times but some times it is not practical, and that is why i thought i would stock up on some clothes from debenhams etc.
And as for the coffee it is only a comment someone made. and as i am not there yet, i did not know if there was some things which are over priced or not available in the supermarkets.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:18 pm
has got a huge member

I have heard that the clothes are different shaped than over here and i do like some clothes there, but i do like the english style of clothes, and it would be great to look sophisticated some times but some times it is not practical, and that is why i thought i would stock up on some clothes from debenhams etc.
And as for the coffee it is only a comment someone made. and as i am not there yet, i did not know if there was some things which are over priced or not available in the supermarkets.
Anne has commented to me that S,M and L in the UK roughly equate to 10, 12 and 14 whereas in Span SML equate to 8, 10 and 12.

It must be something in the gene pool here, but spanish women seem to be incredibly fit - long slender legs, curvy bum, flat stomachs and impecable dress sense - until they reach about 30 and then they explode into these slobs who overeat and don't care what they look like. Wierd.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anne has commented to me that S,M and L in the UK roughly equate to 10, 12 and 14 whereas in Span SML equate to 8, 10 and 12.

It must be something in the gene pool here, but spanish women seem to be incredibly fit - long slender legs, curvy bum, flat stomachs and impecable dress sense - until they reach about 30 and then they explode into these slobs who overeat and don't care what they look like. Wierd.
Lol I have seen that, which keeps me smiling lol and i dont mind the sexy spanish women as they do look good until like you say they reach an older age, im glad hubby will have some eye candy to look at on the beach apart from me lol.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:32 pm
has got a huge member

Lol I have seen that, which keeps me smiling lol and i dont mind the sexy spanish women as they do look good until like you say they reach an older age, im glad hubby will have some eye candy to look at on the beach apart from me lol.
I wish Anne had that attitude! I can usually sense a clip around the ear coming on when I try to totty watch.

I see her taking surrupticious peeks at the men on the beach though!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wish Anne had that attitude! I can usually sense a clip around the ear coming on when I try to totty watch.

I see her taking surrupticious peeks at the men on the beach though!
lol, Hubby knows he can have a peek however, he can not buy or steal the candy, otherwise he will be the next man with out a penis lol.

Thing with hubby he knows he has it to good at home. and having me punish him would be enough to make him stop lol lol.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have have lived in Spain 3 years & the only english food I buy is Bisto Gravy Granules!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 7:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly agree on everything EXCEPT the coffee, it's cheap and plenty of variety over here. Clothing depends on the size you are, at the upper end of the sizes, choice is limited, but then there is always e bay. T bags though are very expensive in most shops, you can find special offers in some of the Brit shops where the price is very close to the UK price. We have friends who come you and bring us a stock of 1000 every time, usually last between visits, and we have only had to buy them once. Might be a good idea to bring flour, as it takes some finding out which flour over here is best for which job, we have had a few disasters, but UK stuff like Allinsons and Homepride is usually available in Spanish Supermarkets as well as their own.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived here a few years, and haven't stocked up on anything. I buy only Spanish, when in Spain eat like the Spaniard do.....sad gits who have to have their British foods
Old Oct 28th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Mercadona do an excellent Irish cheddar.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I've lived here a few years, and haven't stocked up on anything. I buy only Spanish, when in Spain eat like the Spaniard do.....sad gits who have to have their British foods
Never said i only want english food, i am saying i have heard you need to bring some things over as some things are hard to get.

When i come over to spain i only shop in there supermarkets, however like i have said i might want to stock up on the things that i like and are either hardly not in there shops or if it is really expensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.